Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK carsupermarkets

Options
  • 16-10-2006 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought a car from a UK carsupermarket ie craft, carshop etc. I'm interested in people's experience (good bad or indifferent) as regards cost service, quality of cars?
    Would you recommend one in particular?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Zoot

A friend moved across from the UK last year and bought his Audi A4 here:

http://www.cargiant.co.uk/cars/search1.asp?Loc=1

He was full of praise of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Thanks for reply Zoot,
    It's a bit of a coincidence, but I'm after an A4 myself, do you have any idea where cargiant source their cars? are they ex-fleet/lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Used cargiant, great service, u pay what it says on the car though and there is a fee 61£ i think it was. Cars that has the milage on the website ad is verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Used cargiant, great service, u pay what it says on the car though and there is a fee 61£ i think it was. Cars that has the milage on the website ad is verified.

Yeah looking at heading over there myself.

My main worries are the car I would be looking at would be somewhere around 6-7k sterling, not quite sure yet how much I am spending so can't get a sterling draft for one specific amount. I don't fancy heading over with it all in cash and don't want to bring a draft for more than I am going to actually pay for the car, whats the best way to go about paying for it where I can head over, view cars and collect same day. Another problem is with the insurance I can't say to my insurance company I want to switch my cover to reg number XXX XXXX before I actually know the car I am going to buy so can't have a physical cert going over, how does one go about this or can cargiant temporarily supply you with cover for a week or so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Zoot

Originally posted by LOTTOWINNER
    are they ex-fleet/lease?

Yea, they seem to be mostly ex-fleet.

Should read through the Importing from the UK - Definitive Guide, it covers everything.

Good luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Tipsy Mac

If you are going to buy a car for say 5-6K then get a sterling draft for say 5K and bring some cash to cover if u end up with a car for 6K. They have a fee for bigcash amounts, think it was over 5K that there was a cash fee.

Just call your insurance company after you have bought your car, you will have a few hours before you get the car so time to do the insurance thing then.

Advertisement