Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Raid NUIG Bank

Options
  • 16-10-2006 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭

Anybody heard about the armed raid on the NUIG BOI today? Supposedly at least one shot fired?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

suprised a student hasn't replyed yet. what the hell are they all doin? studyin. umm didn't hear anything when i was walkin around earlier. Christ what is the story with Galway these days?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Again? This happens every few years. I wonder where the getaway car parked.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

littlebug wrote:
    I wonder where the getaway car parked.
    Well they'd have needed to skilfully avoid those proud specimens of men, the clampers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've been here all day and eh...first I've heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

There's nothing about it on www.rte.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I heard about it after I'd cycled underneath on my way over to Cairnes, around 3pm or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

all they had on Galway Bay News was 2 armed raiders, sawn off shot guns got away with some cash in a silver BMW that was later found abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Jesus! Seriously dodge!

Anyone one know how much cash was robbed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Robbo wrote:
    Well they'd have needed to skilfully avoid those proud specimens of men, the clampers...

ROFFLE :)

Could ya imagine it - Coming out of a bank robbery to find your getaway car clamped! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The 80euro penalty would be swiftly dealt with I'm sure.

• Advertisement

SyxPak wrote:
    The 80euro penalty would be swiftly dealt with I'm sure.

Or a shot-gun to the face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

It's in the Galway indo today they robbed a Securicor van and a cash and carry out the Tuam road. God if this happenebd in UCD it'd be all over the news.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

kevmy wrote:
    God if this happenebd in UCD it'd be all over the news.
    Chalie Bird: "It it not yet known how many pairs of Dubarrys have been scuffed in this raid, but emergency services fear the casualties could be in the hundreds."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Heard about this from a lecturer last night. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

It was us at GMIT, we need the money to buy printers!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

wait till you need ink, hitting off smokie joes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Muzzy wrote:
    It was us at GMIT, we need the money to buy printers!!

And bribe attractive girls to come to our backwards college!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

friend of mine was actually in the bank at the time. said they thought the guys were going to run up the stairs so they were all quickly ushered to the back of the bank, the place was locked up and they waited for around half an hour.

my friend was more worried that his lab instructor wouldn't believe his excuse for being late.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

And bribe attractive girls to come to our backwards college!
    What are ya on about, GMIT is full of hotties this year. Much higher ratios than previous years I have to say. Take an hour in the canteen to observe, i'm the ginger lad in the corner with a notepad, furiously... calculating the ratios.

Muzz, did you not hear we got NEW printers... and they work! Or maybe its just in the postgrad office... i'm sure you're missing the place now!

Proxy wrote:
    What are ya on about, GMIT is full of hotties this year. Much higher ratios than previous years I have to say. Take an hour in the canteen to observe, i'm the ginger lad in the corner with a notepad, furiously... calculating the ratios.

Muzz, did you not hear we got NEW printers... and they work! Or maybe its just in the postgrad office... i'm sure you're missing the place now!

Even Sligo has hotties this year

• Advertisement

Keep your damn dirty ape hands off my sligo wimmins

I was there.It was really weird after they sped off.They was around 3o people at the scene and the only noise came from the poor blubbering securicor driver.

Advertisement