Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat advice - launching a 19" boat

Options
  • 16-10-2006 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking at getting a boat for lake fishing. I will not be keeping the boat in the water and will instead have to launch it each time I use it. I mostly do pike fishing but am trying to get into more fly fishing. I was advised to get a 19” sheeling type boat if I want to fly fish however I am a bit worried about how difficult this would be to launch and take out if was on my own. I have a 1.6lt 2 wheel drive car. I was out on a aluminium 14ft at the weekend and obviously that would be great as it is really light and easy to launch however it is not big enough to fly fish with 2 people.
    Basically what I need to know is “Is it hard for one person to launch a 19” lake boat?” If anyone has experience I would appreciate it.

I don’t want to end up with a boat I can only use when fishing in company – or one that would be too heavy for my car on the slipway.

Advertisement