Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'The Women' by teaspach

Options
  • 16-10-2006 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I went to see this production last night. I was dreading it. I knew it was about three hours long, had an all-female cast of thirty, was written in the twenties and that they'd all be doing american accents. I knew the scenery and costume changes were fussy and elaborate. Pretty much everything I hate was in this play. Friends of mine were in it so I had to go.
    But in a strange sort of way it worked and worked really well. If they tour or do a second show go see it. It's as much historical re-enactment as drama, so you get to see what plays must have been like, and it's so pre-feminist it's fascinating.

Advertisement