Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanet- wow fastest order to install ever \o/

Options
  • 16-10-2006 4:47pm

My brother ordered permanet wireless on friday and it was installed today.

1.5mb down and 512 up - lovely and fast

He's in North Wexford and about 2 miles from the transmitter on croghan mt.

It's only day one and I'll do some ping tests later when I get back there but the irish isp test had the upload at 484 and the download at around 1.4

Not bad , not bad at all.

And to think,he only rang then because Eircom refused to fix the line to make it test ok for DSL.
    He's now going to port his number to blueface and thats roughly 1000 euro a year gone down the swanny for Eircom \o/

I'm not one bit sad-commercial madness on their part.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Im waiting about a week for them to get in contact with me but waiting is ok because I know it will be worth the wait. Its good to hear that the transmitter is on croghan cause that means Ill have LOS. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭pyzon

Hi I've just registered with Permanet as I'm fed up waiting on Eircom to upgrade the Oulart exchange.

Only in the area a while and I'm not sure about LOS. I'm right in the village about 30 yards from the Garda station.

Would anybody know if there is LOS to Croghan or Fort Mtn or any other Permanet base-station?

(I somehow feel Oulart Hill might do me some injustice :( !!)

I don't fancy climbing to the roof and standing on the chimney :)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

pyzon wrote:
    (I somehow feel Oulart Hill might do me some injustice :( !!)

Unfortunately I think you could be unlucky as if you can see oulart hill you probably cant see forth mountain. being in the middle of the village means that you are surrounded on two sides by hills.

the only other transmitter live in wexford from permanet is down ramsgrange way cheep (sp) point.

methinks the ladder must come out, just to be sure.

there is also networksandwireless based in Enniscorthy but i dont know where the transmitter is or if it is live yet.

Advertisement