Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indie on a Wednesday/Thursday

Options
  • 16-10-2006 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

I have a friend of the indie persuasion who is coming down for a couple of nights. He's going to expect me to take to out to indie places and tbh i don't know any in Dublin. Any suggestions? Even anything along the rock lines would be helpful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

this has been posted before (except indie in general and not specifically Wednesday/Thursday)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054987880&referrerid=&highlight=indie+club

but there wasn't a huge response to that thread above

if it was Thursday i'd still say Whelan's, i disagree with poster who says it's a kip, I think it's a great place and one of my favourite pubs/clubs in Dublin. am fairly sure they don't have the late night club on a Wednesday though

other options might include a place called "Sin é" on the north quays which, while not strictly indie, whenever I've been there plays a good enough eclectic mix, last time I was there they played the Strokes, the White Stripes, also Blur, the rolling Stones but then approx 1/3 of the songs I might not have known who they were by and would not necessaeily have made it into the "indie" genre (maybe "soul" or something..)

there's also Doyle's upstairs near Trinity (but not sure re Wed/Thursdays) and RiRa's too. Carnival also, across the road from Whelan's is a decent enough spot on the weekends (but dunno re midweek). Best of luck!

Advertisement