Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Communication Course

Options
  • 16-10-2006 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of giving an animal communication course at "Crystal Wings" on Camden Street, teaching people how to communicate with animals and read from pictures. Guess it will be on a saturday in january. Trying to see if there is an interest in ti as this seems to be a pretty new thing in Ireland. Would yous be up for that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You're not serious, are you?

"Communicating" with animals on a one to one basis ... well, fair enough.

But "reading from pictures" ?? Can't you think of an honest way of making money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

peasant wrote:
    You're not serious, are you?

"Communicating" with animals on a one to one basis ... well, fair enough.

But "reading from pictures" ?? Can't you think of an honest way of making money?

Pity that your view is so narrow. It works wether or not you believe it. Perhaps you should come along and see for yourself.

Narrow? ...realistic, more like ...

A camera (digital or otherwise) can convey the thoughts and emotions of an animal onto photographic paper or your e-mail inbox and from there into your (specially and expensively) sensitized receptors so that you can tell the animals owner what is or isn't wrong with the animal ??

Go on ...pull the other one ...

Or maybe I should put you to the test?

Tell me something about that dog in the picture then ...

male/female? how old? neutered or not? any ailments? likes/dislikes? history (if any)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I`d have to agree with Peasant, that sort of scam is a load of b*ll*ck aimed at the gullible. If you feel its narrow minded of us then why don`t you tell us how it works then.

Can I have a go peasant?, I sense that regardless of gender or being neutered that the dog wishes it could move the country and have a family....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Plenty of people claim to be able to "read" their animals facial expressions. I know if I see a photo of my gal I know what kind of a mood she was in when it was taken. But yes, I live with her and know her personality. So its not a method I understand, would love to hear about the methods tho'.

People are entitled to their own opinions and beliefs. As long as it hurts no one there is no harm in it imho.

If somone decides to pay somone for a service they believe in that is their decision based on their belief and neither they nor the service provider should be slated for it.
    Nor should they or their methods be called dishonest. Unless proven otherwise -they believe they are providing a service, as do their clients.

Any more comments calling a practitioner of alternative methods a "scam" artist or saying its "b*ll*ck" and the poster will be banned without warning.
    Discussion is fine, differing opinions are fine, childish name calling and judging somone without proof will not be tolerated on this forum, and Im not going to say this again.
    Please read the charter if you intend to continue using this forum.

B

• Advertisement

People are entitled to their own opinions and beliefs. As long as it hurts no one there is no harm in it imho.

Sorry, but exactly the "as long as it hurts no one" bit is the crucial thing here.

Take for example a fortune teller. All he/she does is tell people a spoof story, that's supposed to make them feel better , garnished with some hokus-pokus. We all know that reading the future is not possible, but most of us would still like to believe that their future is the exception to the rule.
    So it's all just a bit of harmless fun ...or is it?

Take a really bad fortune teller and a very gullible (slightly psychopathic:D) customer. Fortune teller says "I have bad news, you'll be dead within a year" and customer goes off to exact revenge on everybody that ever wronged him and goes on a killing spree.

Ok ...unlikely example, but you know what I'm getting at. In the wrong hands this "harmless bit of fun" can have drastic consequences and someone WILL get hurt.

Now for "reading animals from pictures".
    In this case with every "reading" someone gets hurt ...namely the animal.
    The animal has no say whatsoever about what is or isn't decided or determined over its head.
    I've heard of cases (in Switzerland) where "animal communicators" diagnosed illnesses by looking at pictures, recommended medication and subsequently the animal died. Because the "communicator" got it horribly wrong and the gullible customer would rather "believe" the communicator than consult a vet.
    If somone decides to pay somone for a service they believe in that is their decision based on their belief and neither they nor the service provider should be slated for it.

People can pay fortune tellers for as long as they like, as far as I care.

But providing a "service" that may or may not result in an innocent animal being harmed or even just treated wrongly ("your doggy tells me he would love to do agility" ...what doggy couldn't say of course is that it has severe hip dysplacia) ...

That's just WRONG and immoral ...plain and simple.

And now ban me ...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

I think the only things you could read from pictures would be very general things based on stance, ears, mouth etc, nothing very specific.

You can definitely read your own animals, but I'd be dubious as to how much a course can teach you, it's a much more personal, experience-based process that is different for each pet. All of our cats have different ways of communicating the same things so I doubt any course would help with interpreting them.

just to clarify:

I'm not talking about "reading" the actual animal here ...interpreting its stance and expressions.
    Anyone who has animals and has some bond with them can do that ...or rather should be able to do that.

So called "animal communication" that I'm on about is a new fad that is sweeping the continent at the moment.

People send in pictures of their animals and some basic information and the "communicator" then "telepathically" "communicates" with the animal and answers questions like:
    - are you feeling well
    - would you like to have a companion
    - are you happy with your life
    - would you like to see changes in your life

and in cases of sick animals questions like:
    - would you rather we let you go
    - are you feeling pain

I mean, anybody with a clear mind can see that with those kind of questions a "skilled" so called communicator can convey "messages" from the animal that make the owner feel good and easily part him/her from their money.
    But it is also plain to see that the "communicator" can just as easily get it wrong and actually inflict harm on the animal.

Some "communicators" even go so far as to advertise "communication" with animals that already passed away.

That's the meanest and sickest form of "animal communication" ...milking peoples grief to the last.

But maybe tj-music has a different kind of "animal communication" in mind ?

peasant wrote:
    We all know that reading the future is not possible ...

Do we?

With regards to readings - through meditation you actually can make contact and even track animals that have gone missing, you can even reach animals that have passed on because death is only another path. Only a few animals won´t communicate with you and / or can´t be traced.

I did a course in Cardiff in a group of 15 people who all brought along their pictures. Behold that none of them knew each other there were astonishing stories brought to light all verified by the owners.

When you study holistic and spiritual topics in-depth one can clearly develop skills that you might not understand and saying that nobody can read the future for instance is a slap in the face for all the clairvoyants out there and I know for a fact that the ones I know are really genuine.

It is easy to attack something you don´t believe in or don´t understand.

I´ll let you know when the course is on

I´ll let you know when the course is on

No need ...you've got the picture already ...so "read" it ...:D

(I'd be happy to deposit some information and details about this dog before you start with a mod, if you like ...he/she could be our "independent adjudicator")

But before you do, explain this to me:

You take 15 Toms, Dicks and Harrys off a street in Cardiff, they meditate for a bit and all of a sudden they can communicate with a picture, but not just any picture. A picture of a dead animal, no less. And said dead animal conveys thoughts and feelings of which science isn't even sure that the LIVING animal ever had them, and if so in which form and to what extent.

Yet 15 ordinary people can all of a sudden communicate not only between the living and the dead but also between species no less

If it is that simple to do, then everybody must be very intuitive and "open" to the feelings of others, basically an antenna waiting to receive ...meditation or no meditation.

How come then, that apparently we are able to understand the thoughts and emotions of a long since departed dog, but we still can't understand the human we're just sitting next to, even though he/she is very much alive and we just talked to him/her ?

I tell you why ...because the animal whose picture you're "reading" can't object to all the humbug that you're making up about it.
    And another reason: as we humans only have a very, very limited understanding of animal behaviour we happily transsubstantiate our behavioral and emotional patterns and values on them and pretend to "understand" them. Nothing could be further from the truth. By judging, "understanding" and explaining animals according to human standards of emotion and behaviour you are doing them the biggest injustice possible.

"Animal communicators" are now extending this disservice to the next level. Not only do they have to do injustice to the living animals ..no they can't even let the dead rest in peace.

Congratulations !

• Advertisement

Whatever!! You´re so wrong and scientifically you´re not up to date either but I haven´t got the time to "discuss" my skills and my years of study with someone who is that clouded in disbelief and negativity.

Was nice getting a bit of diverstity and different views in, tho

I am actually not surprised that you can´t understand the human beings next to you but that´s something I can´t change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

Comunicating with dead dogs? Your ass must be crazy!

Whatever!! You´re so wrong and scientifically you´re not up to date either but I haven´t got the time to "discuss" my skills and my years of study with someone who is that clouded in disbelief and negativity.

I am actually not surprised that you can´t understand the human beings next to you but that´s something I can´t change.

I take it I won't get a "reading" of my dog then?

:D:D:D

Ah well ...

EDIT:

"Discuss" ....discuss what?
    So far the only substantial information you have given on the subject is that you have training and that you can do it.
    How exactly you do it you have failed to mention.

All you can throw up in defence of my points is that I don't understand, I'm not up to date and I'm clouded in disbelief and negativity.

So "cloud" me in belief and positivity then ...

ah ...no ..hang on ....you haven't got "time".

I see.

But you have no problem to create enough time to part a group of gullible people from some of their hard earned on some weekend in January.

Hmmmm .....

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

Perhaps you could communicate with people first and explain your ideas and training. I don't think there is any real need to become all offensive when people are not so positive of this "communication" and appear to be, quote, "clouded in disbelief and negativity".

You started a thread on a topic that it seems maybe a lot of people know little about, well i don't anyway, so perhaps you could explain more, post some links..etc..

[edit]TJ-musics post has been edited to remove advertising. As I believe this was unintentional I have not issued a ban this time, BUT TJ-Music, any more pimping of your site / services will be considered spam and you will be perma-banned.

BUT please note all, advertising posters and or links for a shop or store or buisness that you work in or own is not permitted and will result in a banning. [/edit]
    (This does not apply to charitable and rescue orgs, obviously),

TJ, if you wish to advertise your buisness on boards.ie please get in touch with an admin who will be glad to advise you of the rates etc.

Advertisement