Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the queue for BT support for the past 25mins

Options
  • 16-10-2006 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I've been 25 minutes on the phone waiting to speak to support staff. This is ridiculous. I rang a couple of times before and was directed to the call-back feature, but instead of taking my number it just kept ringing and ringing and ringing. What kind of service is this?!

Is there another number I should ring? I'm on 1800923924 at the moment

Comments

Welll
    I hung up after 56mins on saturday in the queue waiting for digiweb!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I finally got through to someone. But he put me on hold for another 20mins so far. Still listening to white noise

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Cianos wrote:
    I finally got through to someone. But he put me on hold for another 20mins so far. Still listening to white noise

jesus, they arent supposed to leave you on hold after they have answered for that long, thats a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Bah their customer "care" is absolutely disgraceful! Ive spent many hours on the hold to talk to somewhere who was completely useless/agressive etc. Ive used the callback feature where they "Keep your place in the queue and call you back when you reach the front of the queue" - so you're telling me if I'd stayed on the line I would have been there three days?! In the end I sent them an email explaining my problem and even giving a suggestion as to what might solve it - four days later I get an email telling me to "contact customer care on 1850 blah blah blah"!

Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I had to ring them about 3 weeks ago to get the password changed and after being on hold for 1 hour 30 mins I gave up and sent them an email.
    Someone rang me on monday saying they were getting back to me about my email dso I pointed out to him that I sent it 3 weeks ago and he said "well we try to respond to all emails within a week" :eek:

In desperation I actually tried ringing the 1550 number but it just rang out.

Best thing is to ring during the morning and use the callback system, I think they just switch it off during the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

I was thinking of switching from Eircom to BT to avail of their bundled package. Phoned four times and left on hold. Applied through their website twice for their call-back service, Still waiting. I think I'll stick with Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

To be honest there is not that much difference between BT and Eircom, is it really worth switching ???

BT need to get their call centers sorted out. I held for a couple of hours also a while back.

I have to say even though im not a fan of Eircom I have never held on for nearly as long as I did with BT !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

45 minutes on hold today before they hung up on me before I got a chance to talk to anyone. Still waiting for a reply to an email i sent last thursday.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Well Surveys did promise that things would improve didnt he?

No matter what price the products maybe surely the fact that it seems to take an hour to get through before you get hung up on makes BT primarily a service for masochists.

No company that offers such consistently lousy customer service deserves support.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Actually the bit of BT that was excellent all along was their tech support, if that disimproves because their focus is on CS and Billing its not good news.

I would assume that with their €45 bundle offer they are exceptionally busy these past few months .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

I dont think the poor service is confined to tech support as it also exists in customer support and complaints. I emailed complaints as my transfer over to Bt from UTV was such a mess. I received an apology from complaints .... followed by a letter .... followed by the same letter registered, so I had to drive to Dunshaughlin to collect it grrrrrrrrrrr. Letter stated if I had any other problems to contact her immediately. A few days later a modem arrived from BT which had been cancelled a month previous... again had to drive to Dunshaughlin to collect .... grrrr again. So I returned the modem and got a signature from BT. Rang customer services a few days later to confirm my modem was down as being returned .... but they could not help me. So I rang the number that was provided for complaints in the letter.........got an answering machine and left message for her to ring me back. Did she ring me back?

Answers on a postcard please :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Actually the bit of BT that was excellent all along was their tech support, if that disimproves because their focus is on CS and Billing its not good news.

I would assume that with their €45 bundle offer they are exceptionally busy these past few months .

But it is hardly rocket science to anticipate that and put appropriate arrangements in place.

Didnt Eircom do it very quickly for their 'non assault' on Smart customers?

Seriously though if you have to spend an hour or so on the phone to sign up for a product isnt that mindbogglingly ineffiency?

Advertisement