Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireplace Inserts - Are they standard?

Options
  • 16-10-2006 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi - I want to change my fireplace surround with a wooden surround that I've seen in B&Q (I know I know, but this surround is the only one I like and can afford at EUR200). Anyway, while I'm at it I was thinking about going to to a proper fireplace shop to get a black cast iron-type insert.

Now, can I just walk into one of these shops and ask for an insert for a standard (54") fireplace and expect it to fit my B&Q cheapie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Hi sapper,

Can I suggest you give these guys a call http://www.pdd.ie/.

We have had 2 fireplaces installed by them. They are up by Heuston Station in an old Georgian-type house (very rough and ready rather than a showroom). They are fireplace distributors and are very knowledgable and helpful to deal with. Best prices around. Am sure David there can help you with any questions.

HTH

D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Not sure where you are but you can get fab value from this lady..Liz at Old Charm fireplaces just between Carlow & Bagenalstown (on mail Kilkenny road). Her no is 087 2057895. She can give you prices over the phone if you call her and give her an idea of what you want. We saved thousands on two fireplaces dealing with her and got exactly what we wanted. She will deliver and arrange installation for a fration of the cost elsewhere too. B&Q aren't all that cheap when you shop around at smaller retailers like Old Charm and the one mentioned by dools.

Advertisement