Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software for mixing and composing

• 16-10-2006 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

was wondering if anyone could name me a free piece of software that would let me compose my own tunes.

also, if anyone knows of any free mixing software that'd be great too.

have searched for threads on the latter but they seemed to go off topic and couldn't really see any.

thanks a mil,

k.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Propellerhead's ReBirth is free, not sure of any other free production software though...

not a clue about mixing software

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

If its mp3 mixing your after there are free trials availible for both Virtual DJ and Traktor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

thanks guys.

have the trial version of Atomix but it interupts every 12/15 mins to tell you that it's only a trial version and so the mix gets messed up.

thanks though!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Forget Automix Virtual DJ is way better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

for the production buy an issue of computer music the program you get every month with the mag is more than enough for getting started producing your own tracks

footnote if you insist on using a laptop to dj with no outside controllers or anything then just buy ableton live youll never be able to use the free mixing programs in a live setting (assuming thats your goal) no matter how much they like the mix cd you sent them imho but i could be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

[QUOTE=

footnote if you insist on using a laptop to dj with no outside controllers or anything then just buy ableton live youll never be able to use the free mixing programs in a live setting (assuming thats your goal) no matter how much they like the mix cd you sent them imho but i could be wrong[/QUOTE]

If you are going to spend money, then PCDJ is a better option, you can use external controller like the DAC-2 or the better DAC-3. Also get a good external soundcard. You can also get a trial version of PCDJ but can only use it for 60mins. But if you save what you are doing, clse it then restart it then it's ok. We used to use the free trial to practice on in the UK. Check the PCDJ US site as has the best reviews, forums, and info. http://www.pcdj.com HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I wrote a quick tutorial on how to get started with electronic music production over in the Recording/Mixing/Collabotation forum, it might be of some help: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055035319

Also check out the Resources sticky on that forum.

Advertisement