Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushy's Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Support your local skateshops man!! they'll help you out! Most have cheap versions available!
    Lazy Dog, G1, and Skate City!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chong1

G1 thats the one at the top of o'connell street innit. Aw bollocks, i hate not livin in dublin, i have to travel all the way up there now dont i. Where's Skate City and Lazy Dog, wat are they like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

Chong wrote:
    G1 thats the one at the top of o'connell street innit. Aw bollocks, i hate not livin in dublin, i have to travel all the way up there now dont i. Where's Skate City and Lazy Dog, wat are they like?

www.g1skatesupply.net for free P&P on mail order in Ireland. Unlike ebay goons, Route One, etc., Irish SOS's actually care about skating here and put back into skating itself.

Or try Boarderco direct from Wayne himself - http://www.boardercoeire.com/decks%20out%20now.html

Chong wrote:

Lazy Dog is in Dun Laoghaire, click here: http://lazydog.ie/
    Owned by Pat. Good collection of old boards in shop!! Bashed and battered hanging on the walls!!
    As well as new ones..LOL

and Skate City, Crown Alley, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
    owned by Clive and been on the scene in Ireland since day 1!

Boarderco have a nice new bigger deck out for skating bowls! Wouldn't mind one of those beauties!!!

Does the size of the board really make such a difference. I know i sound like a right novice but i've never really took heed the size of the board, just got wat ever i could afford, or lightest possible. think i'll go for ye old faithful from G1, powell mini-logo, cant really go wrong, cheap and cheerful.

Whats the boarderco boards like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

Chong wrote:
    Does the size of the board really make such a difference. I know i sound like a right novice but i've never really took heed the size of the board, just got wat ever i could afford, or lightest possible. think i'll go for ye old faithful from G1, powell mini-logo, cant really go wrong, cheap and cheerful.

Whats the boarderco boards like?
    skinny boards are easier to flip so theyre more for street skatin . wider ones around 8 are good for more rampy kinda stuff , but still good for street katin if youre used to them, more space to catch a trick . the best i think is middle of the road around 7.75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

listen, do you not think that you's are a bit hypocritical raggin on us bikers? you's complain when people are moaning about you skating in public places, people petition against skateparks, people try to get you's kicked out of your spots? eh?

we have to put up with aswell, sometimes on much worse levels, i remember recently along the wicklow way some b0!!0X put razor wire at neck height along the trails out there, people moan about us using the forests for trails, people petition agains us, they put logs across out trails, they destroy jumps that can take days to build, at least you's now have a designated area to go!

Plus i know that myself and a lot of people signed the petition for your skatepark! Come on people sharing is caring ;) COuld we not set something up where theres a bike day?

Mick
    cowan@redbrick.dcu.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 expn

boarderco wrote:
    sorry to hear bout the leg dude! had one of those before along with breaking the fidia! hope they didnt put any steel in ya, i got me a steel bone now... tis now me libia, one fukd up place.cant really complain to the manufacturer... (god?)
    get yaself a playstation and a comfy place on the couch!
    happy healing!
    wg

ps, dont bones breakin sound like boards breaking,

Thanks for that wg......! They put in a metal rod (internally into the bone to act as a splint, which i'll have for life.....!), along with two metal plates and 8 screws..... I think it's just surgical steel , which means metal detectors will be great fun for the rest of my days......!

anybody hear of any other Bushy injuries...... I can't be the only one.....

sorry to hear about the leg bro! Your kinda infamous in bushy now! Everyone is talking bout it!Thats no consolation though! Get well soon! At least you have time to check out all the new skating videos!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Has anyone been able to shoot some photos or video of the bmx riders and or skate and bladers using bushy yet?Bring yer gear with you next time...camera gear that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

expn wrote:
    Thanks for that wg......! They put in a metal rod (internally into the bone to act as a splint, which i'll have for life.....!), along with two metal plates and 8 screws..... I think it's just surgical steel , which means metal detectors will be great fun for the rest of my days......!

Thats rough....are you going to skate again??

cowan wrote:
    listen, do you not think that you's are a bit hypocritical raggin on us bikers? you's complain when people are moaning about you skating in public places, people petition against skateparks, people try to get you's kicked out of your spots? eh?

we have to put up with aswell, sometimes on much worse levels, i remember recently along the wicklow way some b0!!0X put razor wire at neck height along the trails out there, people moan about us using the forests for trails, people petition agains us, they put logs across out trails, they destroy jumps that can take days to build, at least you's now have a designated area to go!

Plus i know that myself and a lot of people signed the petition for your skatepark! Come on people sharing is caring ;) COuld we not set something up where theres a bike day?

Mick
    cowan@redbrick.dcu.ie
    While I empathise with you about the razor wire incident, you and I both know there's a world of difference between a trail bike and a bmx in a skatepark. Not forgetting that ALL bikes are open to so much more terrain, which is something you should be exploiting, like handrails that run out onto steps, grass, cobbles, etc.

The thing is that with a skatepark, it'll never, ever "stop" street skating/bmx/blading. All it is essentially is just a hassle-free option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 expn

wideangle wrote:
    Thats rough....are you going to skate again??

yeah wideangle , i plan on skating again , but have to admit , the fear of injuries will be even greater than it use to be because of this......

I'm only skating about 4 yrs. , which isn't alot for a 26yr old..... friends i lived with got me into it , and snowboarding........! We built a mini ramp in the back garden ,and i was instantly hooked......

It'll probably be at least six months before i can skate again , but i will be back , and back to bushy.....
    It was just one of those freak accidents..... i think i've had worse slams and walked away.....It was just the way i fell , (awkwardly), and the funny thing about it is; it was the first time i'd all my saftey gear on in months......!

thanks for all the kind words and thoughts.......especially wg and Kenjd.....You're both legends.....i appreciate it man.....Thanks again!

expn wrote:
    have to admit , the fear of injuries will be even greater than it use to be because of this......

It'll probably be at least six months before i can skate again , but i will be back , and back to bushy.....
    It was just one of those freak accidents..... i think i've had worse slams and walked away.....It was just the way i fell , (awkwardly)

Yeah, that's the headfuc.k thing about skating, and as you said it's a freak accident - the chances of it happening again are slim. You've got to want it though - it's a measure of your metal how soon you get back up and skate again. Once the cast comes off, start swimming, cycling and yoga to get fit again, strengthen the ligaments and promote flexiblity and suppleness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

expn wrote:

you christianed the park! excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭h-street23

Ken- don't call people prats for no good reason.It's pretty annoying.

Though I wouldn't expect much in the way of courtesy from a Sallynoggin resident.

And there we have it: equalisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

h-street23 wrote:
    Ken- don't call people prats for no good reason.It's pretty annoying.

Though I wouldn't expect much in the way of courtesy from a Sallynoggin resident.

And there we have it: equalisation.

Stop moaning, Why would you judge someone because of where they are from? Thats just plain rude, Ken is a really sound chap, I've skated with him a couple of times, you should just die!

hey h-street why dont you read the thread!!! I was referring to MYSELF!!! I quoted myself and then commented on what i had posted!!!! DOH:
    Its in plain english!....................

Cheers asto, but lets not start a flaming war!!!!! He obviously didnt read the thread properly!!! Sh1t happens!!

Have you made it to bushy yet asto?? You'll love it man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

Kenjd wrote:
    hey h-street why dont you read the thread!!! I was referring to MYSELF!!! I quoted myself and then commented on what i had posted!!!! DOH:
    Its in plain english!....................

Cheers asto, but lets not start a flaming war!!!!! He obviously didnt read the thread properly!!! Sh1t happens!!

Have you made it to bushy yet asto?? You'll love it man!!

That wasnt the point ken, its just the fact that he commented on you because of where your from, Thats not on at all!
    Nope havnt been out there yet man, just been floating around Lucan and street spots!
    is it nice?

Yeah its very good! All levels of skaters can enjoy it cos of the different types of transitions! Get out there mate its very good! Im off to London in the morn so going to check out some parks there! I'll be near baysixty6 and meanwhile gardens so it should be fun! then its up to Oxford for a few days! Heres hoping I get the weather cos only 1 park I'm going to (66) is under cover!!!!
    Later :D:D:D

• Advertisement

what time in the evening does bushy close at? Do ya reckon u could get in after the gates are closed? i dont live in dublin see, and i wouldnt get there till bout 7 if i decided to go, would there be much point goin up then????

peace

Hey chong,
    The park will be closed by then! And the fence around it is quite high!!! There are no lights so it might be a bit sketchy skating it after dark!!!! It is open roughly the same time as the park hours. During winter i think it closes at 4.30ish!
    Can somebody post the actual closing times here? There are posted on the entrance of the park, thanks.

Sh1t, thats just not cool is it, closes pretty early, looks like i'll havta to pull a sickie one day!

hahaha sickies rock!!! What do your boss and a nappie have in common? They're always on your ass and usually full of sh!t.
    Later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭skate4evr

november-february it closes at 4 30 :( then as the months go by it gradually goes up til in june and july when its open til 9 30, then in august i think its 8 30 and then it starts goin down in september again to like 6 30 then october 5 30 and then back to 4 30 in the winter again... hopefully they'll start opening it it 10am soon so you can get a decent skate in

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

what time does it open at on week day mornings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

luapenak wrote:
    what time does it open at on week day mornings?
    12:00!

What about lucan park, is that as good as bushy? or indeed is lucan better than bushy? obviously i havent been able to get to either of them yet cause am a lazy stoner mo fo.
    any 1 fill me in?

Personaly i prefer bushy. Lucan seems to be more street. I'll hopefully have pics /videos when i get home. Just need to upload to youtube. There are pics of both in threads in this forum. Cant look myself at this time. Check out the start of this thread and then do a search for lucan. There is footage somewhere of Wayne Gallagher(spelling? sorry WG) tearing up lucan search here or youtube. Found it here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zthes7C9250
    Bushy is basically a big empty swimming pool..to which my wife commented:"It'll be great when they fill it with water", cheeky b1tch :D:D:D
    Cheers skate4ever for opening times......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

As Ken said, Lucan is more 'street'
    - banks & ledges, as against Bushy bein more of a 'flowy' transition-based park. As Bushy is my local (& we worked our arses off for it) its my favourite.

I heard a kid tellin his mate that Bushy "..used to be a swimmin pool ya know.." :confused::confused::confused:
    Obviously not, but as Ken's Missus said, it'd probably work as one.
    Please God we never see da day

Check em both out for yourself
    Cheers

JohnBoy

Advertisement