Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushy's Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chong1

Yeah i hope to! I'm gonna try skate them 2 moro, if its not raining of course. mission it up their. Is it hard to find them, i've got a car like, so hopefully it wont be too bad.

Its fu*kin cool the you and every1 involved got these parks sorted out, i can see an awful lot more poping hope in the future. The gorey park plans lookin sh1t hot from what i've seen on their website. They say its gonna be done in december sometime, not that it will be skateable cuz it'll prob be frozen over.

yo ken,
    How did the UK go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Chong wrote:
    Yeah i hope to! I'm gonna try skate them 2 moro, if its not raining of course. mission it up their. Is it hard to find them, i've got a car like, so hopefully it wont be too bad.

Weather might be ok, here's what it says on met.ie:
    Saturday will be a cold, windy day with a mixture of sunshine and showers. These will be most frequent and heaviest in the Connacht and Ulster. Highest temperatures of 9 to 12 degrees with fresh or strong, gusty Westerly winds.

Also there's directions for both parks in this thread.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

In the UK now as I type!! This country rocks for parks. Went to bay66 today and going to meanwhile in the morn! Cool terrain, cool people and cheep beer and good food!!! Then up to oxford on Sunday! :D:D. Baysixty6 is very very good!! i think everyone should get their a$$ over here! Its sooo easy to get around London as well!!
    www.baysixty6.com
    and anyone going to the uk check out www.sk8m8.com and download their google earth file which pinpoints all the uk sk8parks!!!:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

Try getting to Stoke and Milton Keynes while you're in Oxford...

Stoke? Is that where the huuuuge plaza is? Wouldnt mind skating that!!! Looks very good!
    Apparently theres a half pipe in ravenscourt park bout 600meteres from where im staying(chiswick) going to check that out today as well as meanwhile! There are a lot of council parks here. the usual flatpack metal ramps we are starting to see pop up around Ireland. The difference between a skater built park and a council modular 1 is unbelievable.

• Advertisement

Sounds like you had a good time in the UK Ken. the bay66 park looks ace man,some day i'll get their. I'm headin to amsterdam in 2 weeks, gonna see if i can find that cool bowl thats supposedly there. I seen a picture of it on another thread, looks pretty groovy. I cant do much in a bowl but its feels good craving around it!!!!!!

google skateparks for amsterdam. there is a cool park with that bowl near Central station. Indoor as well(in an old port warehouse) so your definately going to have a skate when you get there! there is also an assortment of open/public parks there, some of them are concrete! Just stay away from those coffee shops long enough for you to skate!!! I'm not at home at the mo' still in london, but ill post the name of that park when i get home tomorrow evening. In oxford now but the rain stopped play today:( , but got some pics of the Oxford Wheels Project which I'll post tomorrow as well.
    Im hopefully going to Bushy wednesday or thursday if anyone is around!!
    Got to go to bay sixty6 which was very good! Not indoor but under a huge motorway. All wood construction but still very good :D
    Later
    Ken

Kenjd wrote:
    google skateparks for amsterdam. there is a cool park with that bowl near Central station. Indoor as well(in an old port warehouse) so your definately going to have a skate when you get there! there is also an assortment of open/public parks there, some of them are concrete! Just stay away from those coffee shops long enough for you to skate!!!
    Later
    Ken

ohhh, dunno man, last time i went i took my board with the intent to skate at least once, hahaha, like that happened. Those coffee shops were just calling out to me, all day everyday! Thats wat somebody should do, organise a big skatetrip to amsterdam, and by skate i mean smoke with a little bit of skating involved, shibby, ha.

Thanks for the info bout the parks bruv, i'll take a few pics.

Peace

C-C-C-Chong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

http://www.area51skatepark.nl/moving/newhome.php - if you can make it to Einhoven, check out this place.

http://www.skateparkamsterdam.nl/ - looks rad, closed on Mondays.

Amsterdam's low on central street spots, but Rotterdam and Utretcht are far better. http://www.skateboardfederatie.nl/ might be of some use too.

fisheye wrote:
    http://www.area51skatepark.nl/moving/newhome.php - if you can make it to Einhoven, check out this place.

http://www.skateparkamsterdam.nl/ - looks rad, closed on Mondays.

Amsterdam's low on central street spots, but Rotterdam and Utretcht are far better. http://www.skateboardfederatie.nl/ might be of some use too.

Cheers for the info dude!!!

Size of these of places though, they're fu*kn massive, i probably won't be able to do jack sh1t. All these bowls and sh1t, any1 know how explian to how to get air out of a bowl without actually killin urself in the process. I just cant seem to do it, well its more like when i try to do it my mind takes over and says...no....put ur feet on the ground, i'm thinkin i'm a chicken sh1t.

any1 got any advice on how to over come this?????????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

get yourself some beefy kneepads and mabey a wristguard, after you get used to slidding out on bails you will find that you can push yourself to try getting some decent air, then you can loose the pads once you get the hang of it.

I cant even try out the parks yet as i'm just finishing my 6 months probation on a new job, till then i cant afford an injury or i could loose my job, after though, if i break something i get 2/3 of my pay to stay at home and heal, buying a new setup next week or 2

Skatedude wrote:
    I cant even try out the parks yet as i'm just finishing my 6 months probation on a new job, till then i cant afford an injury or i could loose my job, after though, if i break something i get 2/3 of my pay to stay at home and heal, buying a new setup next week or 2

Nice1, free money for sitting on ur ass, happy days. Cheers for the info man.

Hi
    If anyone has any foreign visitors(pro teams??) or even people in Ireland who wish to visit bushy I have attached a Google Earth file which pinpoints where Bushy is!! I think the satellite images where taken during construction...
    I should do one for lucan as well..
    Enjoy!

just checked out Lucan and its not that clear on Google Earth sorry guys!!!

how do you view this link???? what program should i use

Lo Chong,
    Its for Google Earth buddy!!
    Did i do it right?? is it working???

Kenjd wrote:
    Lo Chong,
    Its for Google Earth buddy!!
    Did i do it right?? is it working???
    Yeah, it's working fine for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Rorate Caeli

Are they insisting on people wearing helmets at this park, or can you get away with it? Is there a mini ramp? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

Are they insisting on people wearing helmets at this park, or can you get away with it? Is there a mini ramp? Thanks.
    you have to wear a helmet, no miniamp but a big bowl, and the shallow bowl is pretty much a mini ramp

LOall
    Anyone know if bushy is open tomorrow, St Stephens Day????
    Cheers

EDIT: Rain stopped play for that day anyway!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Sory for being off topic but can anyone tell me why cahd muska left shortys to go to element? I know its just a sponsor but just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

shortys94 wrote:
    Sory for being off topic but can anyone tell me why cahd muska left shortys to go to element? I know its just a sponsor but just curious.

Could be wrong, but I'd say its cos Element offered him $$$$$
    - or else Paris Hilton told him to ;)

JohnBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Alright thanks, I think he has style, but he cant handle flip tricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

ye hes been off shortys for a while now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 puremagic diarm

hi all
    wats the best way to get there from the city center using public transport???
    and does any body have any pucs yet??

cherrs
    diarmuid

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

15,15b,65a lots of buses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

What about getting there with a bmx? Would it be a long cycle?
    I'm going to try get my bike fixed up this week and hopefully get a chance to go next week before college start back up.

Pads (and helmet) needed i take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Only a helmet. Cycle out of town through rathmines,up to rathgar,throught rathgar village up to terenure village and then head for templeogue village and its just before there. I cycle past there and into town everyday. From town shouldnt take you longer than 1/2 hour on a bmx.

jozi wrote:
    Pads (and helmet) needed i take it?

I always wear both, mortgage, kids and a job thats why!!!!
    I've seen some pretty gnarly slams up there but people still dont wear pads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I never used to wear a helmet when rollerblading on the street or mini ramp. Parks thou i always wear knee pads (anytime i blade or bmx tbh) and a helmet, used to have wrist pads prob save me breaking a wrist on a occasion or 2 (last fall i remember snapping the plastic).

My bmx is in the shop to get a new crank fitted and the hubs redone, fingers scrossed it will be ready during the week. There's always my ancient rollerblades as a alternative :D

EDIT: whats it like for drying up after some rain?

• Advertisement

jozi wrote:
    EDIT: whats it like for drying up after some rain?

Not bad, one small section always seems to be wet but the rest dries up pretty quickly. They have brushes and sweeper things to get rid of the heavy water too.

Advertisement