Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushy's Open

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Jello wrote:
    Not bad, one small section always seems to be wet but the rest dries up pretty quickly. They have brushes and sweeper things to get rid of the heavy water too.
    Sweet :D Brings back memories from when we used to sit under the mini ramp till the rain stopped, brushed all the water off and waited another 15mins for the dampness to clear up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

and does any body have any pucs yet??

There are plenty of pics here:
    http://www.goreyskateclub.com/gallery/

Where's Gorey Skatepark? Looks deadly!!!

Is waterford and maynooth a go ahead as well?

EDIT: nvm it's in wexford

If you go to the link http://www.goreyskateclub.com/news.html
    On the bottom of this page there is a map which is easy enough to follow!!
    Later

Was going to go today, no bmx :( will it be skateable with rollerblades or to wet?

Gonna check weather forecast now to see if it stays dry

EDIT: Decided not to go, maybe in the morning early instead of going home

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mark Wojton

My viking friends were down there yesterday. They were told they could not take photos or film without a permit.
    If only such procedures were followed every time we're filmed on CCTV around Dublin.
    Since when is it illegal to take pictures in a public park?

Yeah friends of mine were told not to film because there were kids about!! For f**ks sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

probably because they filmed the park wardens attackin people without helmets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mark Wojton

Yeah. It sucks. My friend mattias was trying to get some footage for the new krooked video. I was at work but heard six foot backside airs. Jezza tried to bribe the warden with a case of cider but he insisted public photographs are illegal in ireland. Someone should tell Rich Gilligan to find a new job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 fionn001

thats rediculous, there has been loads of filming going on in lucan

• Advertisement

The wardens are frankly talking through their a$$es!!!
    To be honest what would they do?
    They dont seem to mind when a mother or father is taking pictures of their sons skating, nor did they mind my wife taking snaps and footage of me there!
    So its a bit of double standards!
    Mark your damn right about the cctv in Dublin!!!:confused:

EDIT: In hindsight, one of the wardens up there is ok, i always say hello and chat to him so I'll ask him who do I contact to get a permit. We need a direct phone number to the specific department so we can arrange permits, lets flood them with requests and they'll probably see the light?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

Permits? They usually only last for a specific timeframe, like the day in question. What are they going to do? Phone the police and say "there's a guy here with a video camera, recording people skating?" Sounds like a chronic case of micropenis to me.

When's the best time to be there over the weekend? Sat/Sun Morning/evening/afternoon?

Unless i have to go home for some insane reason ill be there, weather looks good.
    Tomorrow

Saturday will be a dry, cold, but fairly sunny day. But the frost and fog will be slow to clear some areas. Top afternoon temperatures 7 to 9 C

I'll be the guy going around with the ancient Roces street sweating like crazy or on a black bmx (which im hoping is fixed by now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Defo wouldn't be at weekend
    - early arvo weekdays are sweet (before schools kick-out)

If ya can't make week days, as close to midday (opening time)
    on a Sunday is probably least busy - what with big boys hangovers & all that...

Only problem with gettin there for 1st roll, is that it tends to be damp.
    Even if it hasn't rained da deep end is almost always slippy, cos da winter sun just doesn't get high enough to dry it.
    There is a giant squeegee (& a yard brush) left on site, so do yourself a favour & get it dry as ya can before ya start shreddin.

See ya there

JohnBoy

PS - Some cretin scrawled a swastika on da wall of the shallow end recently.
    Obviously it wasn't a skater - if ya know who it is, gimme a shout.
    We'd like to have a chat with 'em :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

JahEerie wrote:
    PS - Some cretin scrawled a swastika on da wall of the shallow end recently.
    Obviously it wasn't a skater - if ya know who it is, gimme a shout.
    We'd like to have a chat with 'em :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah I saw that, the idiot.:mad: Though I noticed since someone's put a line through it and written ''Nazis out'' below it.

Few lads tried removing it when i was there sat with a brush and jif. I take it grafiti of any variety (even skilled pretty ones) is strictly forbiden.

Had a little fun sat, blades just isnt what it used to be (along time ago) and the really hurt my feet.

Pitty about the deep end being wet alright, little over sight on where the sun rises when it was designed? I'm sure in the summer that wont be a problem.

I'll be trying to get down again this weekend, hopefully with my bike this time.

RE best time to go, arvo???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

That happens in every outdoor park in winter and it's pretty much unavoidable.

Yeah, i was there on Friday bout midday and it was bone dry! Great session although could only stay for an hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭skateing dragon

Thats great! im ****e at skatein so i think ill go up early one day so no one can see me fall!

Advertisement