Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup semi finals (27.29/10)

• 16-10-2006 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://img278.imageshack.us/img278/6631/roverspats271006ultrasxr5.jpg

Rovers flyer for the game, they expecting 6500 at the game, Pats getting 3900 tickets, we in the Main Stand and Ballybough end (i will be in the seat closest to the bar never in that stand may as well make use of it) I reckon we will get 2000 at most. Will be a cracking atmosphere at that game, as dude off Amstel ad says "this is gonna be great!!! " Losing wont be but will be a great atmosphere.

Hopefully both sets of fans mainly Rovers can keep the headlines firmly on the back pages of papers.

Sligo vs Derry on sunday 29th winner plays Rovers in final.
    Both semis on Tg4 tv and on webstream, anyone with a passing interest in live football would be well worth going to the Rovers pats game.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Sligo vs Derry on sunday 29th winner plays Rovers in final

Not too confident then i see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Yes here it comes, the question from the wanabe EL fan....how would I get tickets for this game? Surely it will be a sell out? Might be in Dub that weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Unit C9, Centrepoint Business Park,
    Oak Road, Dublin 22. The new telephone number is
    (01) 460 5948, Fax: (01) 460 4875

Ring them or buy one at pats vs Bray or Rovers vs whoever they playing this week.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

The dry run for the semi-final isn't going too well for us at the moment. We're 3-0 down at half time. :( Sure, it's in the Brandywell but this is not a good omen......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Are tickets not going to be on sale on the night or something? Might buzz along for a look, but most likely will watch on TV. Should be very interesting.

• Advertisement

League Results
    20/10/06 St Patrick's Athletic 5 Bray Wanderers 1 report
    13/10/06 Bohemians 0 St Patrick's Athletic 1 report
    06/10/06 St Patrick's Athletic 3 Drogheda United 0 report
    Fai Cup Results
    29/09/06 St Patrick's Athletic 4 Longford Town 1 report

No excuses on friday we playing our strongest team (unlike last time) Noone of note is missing, injured or suspended, we have won our last 4 games for the 1st time in 5 years, we have scored 13 goals from all over the pitch.

Bring on the Rovers!!, sweet god im pant wettingly excited :)

Tickets on sale from both clubs.

6 days...

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

KdjaCL wrote:

Bring on the Rovers!!, sweet god im pant wettingly excited :)

kdjac

I hope ye kick their asses :D

Probably

/popup ad classic :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

KdjaCL wrote:
    Probably

/popup ad classic :D

kdjac
    I can't work out how I feel about the game. All week long I've been thinking of nothing else and it's even worse today, it's a sense of huge hope and day dreaming about winning tempered by pessimism and maybe a touch of reality. It's the biggest game of our season and I don't even want to think about losing, but in reality, with all the players we have cup tied and suspended we should lose. But it's Rovers and things never go quite as you expect them to

Of all three of our Dublin rivals, Pat's are the team and set of fans I have most respect for - even more so since Sparky and Billy Boy joined them (although for 90 minutes they're getting nothing but dogs abuse.) I'm expecting a great game, hoping the two sets of fans can behave properly and praying to God that the mighty Hoops can get a result. ROVERS! ROVERS! ROVERS!

Im terrified, pooped meself twice today :(

We have a better team but means nothing when Pats play Rovers, left back out so Duffy be playing a right footed player. And rovers never bleedin give up.

Cant wait for it tbh, off early be in fagans at 4ish.....

The SAINTS are coming!!!!! Nah nah Nah Na

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

A good entertaining game of football , Rovers playing the majority of the football and having plenty of half chances while Pats got the two decisive chances and took them .

McGill and O'Connor were very good for Rovers and look very promising players , but in the end it was the experienced Keegan and Molloy(im starting to feel old , I remember him as a young promising striker) who made the difference .

I can't see Pats beating Derry should they overcome Sligo though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thought we were the better side all over the pitch apart from in goal. Out lack of experience in front of goal was the big difference and I think thing could have been very different if we had been able to start with someone like Rowe. Still, for what was basically our U-21 side with a sprinkling of reserves to preform so well has to auger well for the future.

Scrappy game but tbh i dont care "We are going to Lansdowne!!!!"

Our full backs were out and Rovers caused havoc down the wings, once we scored we sat back and in 2nd half we needed a 2nd goal to kill the game. Goals from a Rovers POV were stupid ones to give away, thought Keegans was a cracker till i seen the replay should never have got a shot in and keeper should have saved it, 2nd was a stupid mistake.

We can beat either Sligo or Derry but if we do the rabbit in headlights gameplay like last night we buggered.

Dunno about Rovers fans but stewarding and general security was excellent a little OTT with the dogs and horses at the Rovers gate but didnt see or hear of any trouble, both sets of fans were excellent altho we could feel Rovers nervous tension on our side :D

Great night for Pats fans, Mc Dowells was a good place to be last night :)

kdjac

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=saintpatsfc

Umm i dont recall most of that :confused:

Molloy not to happy when anything was sang about Rovers :D

/Curtis Fleming in there too

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

FAI CARLSBERG CUP SEMI-FINAL REPLAY
    Derry City * 4-0 Sligo Rovers 9.00
    McCourt 33
    Farren pen 39, 46
    Martyn 42

regretting putting a fiver on sligo now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaCL wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=saintpatsfc

Umm i dont recall most of that :confused:

Molloy not to happy when anything was sang about Rovers :D

/Curtis Fleming in there too

kdjac

Rofl, nice to see Curtis pop his head in. Derry will rip yiz apart.

Advertisement