Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register with PRTB or council

Options
  • 16-10-2006 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

if you register a house for letting with the local council or whatever authority do you still have to register with the prtb ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i think if you have more than 1 tenant ,you need to register with prtb.persons with single /rent a room scheme tenant have no need to register with anyone apart from taxman.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Rent a room scheme - register with council

Non rent a room scheme - register with council and PRTB

AFAIK registration has nothing to do with number of tenants

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The Rent-a-Room scheme is not considered a tenancy agreement and has not registration requirements whatsoever. You just have to declare the income in an annual tax return (note to anyone in this position the '05 deadline 31st October is coming up rapidly).

All other rental arrangements must be registered with the PRTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

thanks everyone much appreciatd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

quick question on this:
    I live with my gf who owns the house. Does she need to declare the money she receives from me? If so can she back date it for the last year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sure- all she has to do is make sure she keeps under the max for the Rent-a-room scheme (7620) and states that this income was generated under the rent-a-room scheme. Strictly speaking she should have done a personal tax return and declared this income- but as it will have no tax implications from her perspective, I doubt Revenue will get excited about this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Scruff wrote:
    quick question on this:
    I live with my gf who owns the house. Does she need to declare the money she receives from me? If so can she back date it for the last year?
    One could even argue this is a domestic arrangement, although I don't know how Revenue would interpret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

6 flats here not registered on the PRTB and landlords son living in 7 and 8 with the girlfriend (recently moved in ..7 and 8 were rented before).

Landlord is presumably making at least 3500 tax free every month here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Scruff wrote:
    quick question on this:

The forms for the financial year 2005 need to reach the Revenue Commissioners before 31 October, so yes she still has time to declare this income for last year.

http://www.revenue.ie/forms/f11_05.pdf

No, I don't work for revenue

Advertisement