Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An oldie

Options
  • 16-10-2006 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

There was this school teacher who had just started at a new primary school in Kerry. She wanted to make a good impression so at the start of her first class, she called out to the youngsters,

"I'm a big Kerry football fan. Are ye? Raise your hands if you are!"

Everyone in the class raised their hands except for one girl.

"Don't you support the Kerry team?", the teacher asked, a little surprised at the girl's lack of participation.

"No", replied the girl.

"Who do you support then?" asked the teacher sharpely, thinking that girl was trying to be cheeky.

"Mayo", said the little girl.

"Mayo! Why Mayo?" asked the teacher, totally surprised.

"Well, my Mum and Dad are both from Mayo and they support Mayo football and are huge fans, so that makes me a Mayo fan too."

"Really?"

The girl nodded emphatically.

"Well, if your mother was a prostitute and your father was a drug addict, would you be the same as them, then?" asked the teacher, using her student's logic.

"No," the girl said and smiled.

"If that was the case, I would be a Dublin fan."

Comments

Advertisement