Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre Advice - Comfort and Quietness

Options
  • 16-10-2006 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Recently changed my car and I'm looking for advice on the best brand tyre for ride comfort and least road noise.
    The tyre size is 205-55-16, and they are for a Mondeo zetec diesel. At the moment it has Kumho tyres fitted, which I find a bit noisy on the road.
    Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

I had continental before and found them very good, I have goodyear excellence on and they are good in wet&Dry and are not that noisey...depends on how much you want to spend...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

I have Bridgestone ER300's on my Mondeo. In the garage where I work we put them on alot of top of the range cars. We sell them for about €115 each, check around for prices. We sell Kumho's too, they're a cheapish tyre which are ok but nothing near the quality of Bridgestone which will last 20K to 25K miles and are very quite on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Thanks for the replies lads.

Wouls it be true to say that the softer the tyre, the more comfort and grip you have, but they won't last as long?

@Cucullan - Bridgestones would be on my list - the previous car I had had 205-55-16 Bridgestone Turanza's and I found them very good. Is the ER300 and the Turanza the same range of tyre?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

The older bridgestones were Turanza ER30's but they've been replaced with a new thread and are Turanza ER300's, an even better tyre imo

Advertisement