Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C++ Grinds in Cork

Options
  • 16-10-2006 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Don't know if this is the right place to post, but I really need C++ grinds around the Cork City area. In second year, BSc Computer Science and really need help on pointers, files, and just a recap of functions. :o

If anyone could give me any suggestions as to where I could find someone to help me out, it would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance,

Sophie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

There should be plenty of folk in whatever college are you in willing to make a few shillings from you. I know that I used to see a few posters up in the halls of CIT advertising people that were giving grinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Im in 2nd year CIT, Software Dev w/ Networking. Done C++ lastyear and got a good set of notes if you'd like them. I can give you a hand too if you like though my time is limited :) - Long hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

GoneShootin, all I can find is one leaflet around. The same number. I've been tryin to call with the last week to no reply. Cheers anyways.

Webmonkey, can I ask who you had last year? I swear, you'd be a lifesaver if I could get a loan of those notes off you. I'm in CIT too. But basically I've been slacking because they've been messing us around with the course- knocking off times from subjects and even taking two hours off Programming and I didn't have the motivation to do anything since we've started. Now that I'm so behind, I'm freaking out!

I had cliona mc gaune last year for c++ and i thought she was great. we have gemma this year and she is just plain useless :(
    What course you in, im in DNET2

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

COM2. I don't know Cliona McGaune but i know lads who have her in third year now and say she's a great lecturer. Gemma MacSweeney is it? Don't talk to me about her. I've Denis Long this year :(

Are there any good books that I could buy?

• Advertisement

I take it that it is C you are doing. Hmm books, girl in my class got a book in easans i think, it looks quite straight forward. Think the name of it is C in Easy Steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Surely the college has a decent selection of programming books in the library. Or like I used to do : head off down to the Boole library in UCC - they very rarely ever checked for cards bar when you needed to take something out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

pointers: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/pointers.html
    file handling: http://cs-people.bu.edu/dbuzan/cs112/streams.html

should be of some help. pointers and file handling is easy enough to get your head around. just put a few hours into it.

Advertisement