Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem editing password on LDAP backend user admin,

Options
  • 16-10-2006 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

I'm developing a user admin system through a struts web app with the processing in java.
    Instead of using JNDI, I'm using DSML to com with the LDAP db.

I've created users and edited thier info by using DSML "importer.importDocument()" method/object which is making it all nice and handy.
    To edit the user details i just make an entry written in dmsl xml with a unique 'dn' and any attributes that are already part of the user profile with that particular 'dn' are updated, if they don't exist they are added. All handy and easy to use.

But when it comes to editing the password of the user, I can't, If the password already exists then it just adds a second/third/etc value to it, so the user can use any of the passwords. I dont want that. I just want it to overwrite the first one. All other attributes are overwritten perfectly except this password.

Has anyone modded a users password on a LDAP using DSML? The documentation for DSML sucks ass.
    I would hate to throw in a JNDI method to do it as it would stick out like a sore thumb and break my flow.

Thanks for any help.
    Ray.

Advertisement