Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

International text costs

• 16-10-2006 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭

Hi .. anybody know which is the cheapest network in Ireland for sending international texts. I am currently with o2, who charge .25c for one. Are Three or Vodafone cheaper? any help appreciated
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Vodaphone charge 25c aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

get an o2 buisness plan there only 8c and u can buy them in bulk,750 for around 45 yoyos i think.

check out the o2 business site.thats what i use now as i was getting hammered with credit top ups the other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Have you checked out AFT (lets you use your 250 free webtexts from your phone)? I am with o2 and each international text I send cost 0.25c (100 times cheaper than a normal international text).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

AFT is a good choice with an O2 SIM .. hell, even just O2 webtexts.

Alternatively, don't Meteor have lower cost international texts too ?

ciaranfo wrote:
    Alternatively, don't Meteor have lower cost international texts too ?

I think they do, I used to be with meteor and I think they are 15c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

O2 lets you send international texts for free via o2online.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

Step 1 : Instal AFT
    Step 2: Send 250 national or intrnational texts / month using your O2 web text allowance from your desktop / AFT app on handset
    Step 3: If you're a real text head who sends >250 texts/month go here for details of all texts whatever the destination for 2.8c/text
    Step 4: Spend the money you save on texting to make calls

Notes;
    gprs speakeasy charges apply at 2c / kb, ie 20.48 Euro / MB
    If you're on billpay and use your handset to surf the internet and send texts over gprs get a data plan starting at 0.732422c / kb / month
    If you have a business account you can pay as little as 0.1227 c / kb + VAT
    One text will use no more than 1kb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭sudzs

You could try Skype...

It's 9c to txt a US mobile....though not great if you want to txt when out and about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Meteor charge 13cent per international text, no bundle required

Slice wrote:
    Meteor charge 13cent per international text, no bundle required
    15c, no?
    http://www.meteor.ie/payg_international_plans.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

sudzs wrote:
    You could try Skype... It's 9c to txt a US mobile....though not great if you want to txt when out and about!

That's what I don't like about Skype, they use a headline rate of 9c / text but it's actually 9c + VAT = 10.4c / text. They do the same with their skype out call rates with headline ex VAT rates. For desktop SMS Skype is way too expensive when you have the option of free web text, Multitexter/AFT and others like mobisms and smsbug that can be used from either your handset or desktop with the advantage that they all show the number of the sender. AFT can be used too from any computer in the world using MSN / Windows messenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hey everybody, meteor is cheap yeah. but the network my girlfriend uses dont work with meteor and she doesnt recieve them.
    ill have a look at AFT thanks.

Any idea how much 3 charge? there website dont have info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

GBX wrote:
    Hey everybody, meteor is cheap yeah. but the network my girlfriend uses dont work with meteor and she doesnt recieve them.

25 cent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

ok .. how do I go about installing aft on my nokia 3220? any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

GBX wrote:

Don't mean to sound rude.....but are you sure your using your phone right?!

What network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

Don't mean to sound rude.....but are you sure your using your phone right?!

What network?

they wont send a txt to the alltel network in the states i know that cus i tried them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

GBX wrote:
    ok .. how do I go about installing aft on my nokia 3220? any ideas?
    once you have gprs set up open up the web and in the "go to address" section type:
    http://killarneyonline.eu/o2text/aft.jar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

GBX wrote:

true, i was in the same boat. Meteor dont have agreements with some american networks, sprint being one of them.

AFT is a good bet, or before you choose your network, make sure they can send a text to whatever country you want.

Advertisement