Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Behringer Desks

Options
  • 16-10-2006 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Hey All,

I use a Behringer 2442 Desk. OK it was cheap. But systematically channel after channel has started to fail - usually with XLR only. Typically it's outside warranty.

2 things............

1. Has any one else experienced bad Behringer desks?

2. Can anyone recommend a good desk for a 5 piece band (rock) with acoustic drums?

We've a 4k rig so we don't need a powered desk.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I used to use Behringer stuff. And TBH, I never had any problems. I always thought their rack stuff could be a little easier to program, but hey, them's the breaks. It just sounds like flaky dry joint soldering on the XLR connectors, you'd be suprised what a decent tech could do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Have you popped it open to have a look? Maybe there is a small simple problem repeating across the tracks like a loose connection or solder. Is it left uncovered in a dusty/smoky place? Dust can be a problem but can sometimes be solved with a blast of compressed air. Although on the other hand, what appears to be the XLR may actually be the gain pot, which is a lot trickier to fix than some dodgy soldering. If you need to replace on a budget you could look at the Mackie's. They come highly recommended by many.

Advertisement