Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where will I get one of these!?

Options
  • 16-10-2006 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

windscreenwasher.jpg

Any idea where I'm going to get a replacement for one of these jobbies for a 98 Punto?

Sorry for the image quality (It was dark.. torchlight) but its a small valve that controls the water pressure on the windscreen washers. One of the squirty things for want of the techie name is working fine, but the one nearest the valve in the picture isnt working at all.

Basically the water isnt going through the valve and is running out from the hole underneath it. You can barely see the hole in the middle of the valve. It should be there, but it seems to be just an overflow.. it shouldnt always be leaking out.

I live pretty far from a breakers yard so have I any other options other than paying a fortune to the main dealer for a tiny bit of plastic?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

you will get that part only from a main Fiat dealer.very common problem on puntos,happened to 2 puntos in my family,water srayed all over the engine everytime you want to clean the windscreen.only cost a couple of quid for the part;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

mondeoman wrote:
    you will get that part only from a main Fiat dealer.very common problem on puntos,happened to 2 puntos in my family,water srayed all over the engine everytime you want to clean the windscreen.only cost a couple of quid for the part;)

Cheers mondeoman.. I'll give them a buzz.

Advertisement