Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleepy chinchillas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Awww they're so cute!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Glad you agree :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Chinchillas - never seen them before. They look cute but I am puzzled as to why they seem to be in such cramped accomodation?

Id love some - but I am sure my dobermans would think different.

They have the most dense fur of any land animal - 50 hairs per folicle :eek:

Must be a cure for baldness there somewhere. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinchilla

Cramped my arse! :eek:

Their cages take up almost an entire wall! They just like to all huddle up together in one little space. Spend a fortune on every conceivable luxury for them and they still spend 90% of their time on a boring old wooden shelf tucked up in the tiniest corner of the cage :rolleyes:

And yes, their fur is so dense that it is next to impossible for them to carry parasites such as fleas and ticks, which makes them about as close to hypoallergic as any animal is going to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Only just seen these pics hun - they are SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

• Advertisement

I have some much better pics since these, will post them up especially for you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks hun :D I love to look at cute chin pics :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

cool pics, but (thonge in cheek) can you really work the remotes with your toes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

oh my god they are so cute and so nice seeing a few together really hate seeing them in pet shops alone they look so sad! where are the other pics!! can't wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fimale13

Hi, my name is fiona and i am desperatly looking for a chin breeder in ireland. Im from fermanagh but am living in dublin and am so so so very keen to find one! please lease let me know if you or anyone you knoe has some for sale as i hate being pet-less!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rhondadunphy

Hi Bounty-Hunter ~snip~

Mod edit: take it to PM please.

Advertisement