Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fresh from Japland

Options
  • 17-10-2006 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

When importing a car from Japan I've heard that when your car arrives in Dublin port that you can hire agents to receive your car when it comes off the vessel & look after it in the port for ya until you collect it from them yourself.

Does anybody have any info on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

The company is called MCC located beside the police station in store street, and is a broker that for a fee will do all the paper work for you and have the car ready for collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Thanks Louie;) Any idea what their fee is roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Between 150 - 250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 .B.R.

Also looking a bringing a car in from Japan. What are the advantages of using a clearance company like MCC rather then just doing all the paperwork yourself?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Kaos Theory

They don't look after it, they just clear it through customs for you, if you've never done it before I'd recommend doing it through MCC.

Kaos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

They don't look after it, they just clear it through customs for you, if you've never done it before I'd recommend doing it through MCC.

Kaos

Have you used this crowd yourself personally Kaos?

Advertisement