Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boundary fence query

• 17-10-2006 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭

Who owns a boundary fence? I live in a row of 4 new houses. 2 neighbours to my left and I agreed to treat our fences with the same stuff so they'd all look well together and we could paint them liberally without worrying about dripping an unmatching colour on the neigbours side. All fences painted and neigbourly bliss ensued. House to my right is not sold yet so plan was to nicely ask them to do the same when they moved in. Was away from house for a few weeks and on return I found to my horror that the builder has creosoted (awful stuff) the fences in the unsold house. Young labourer did it and obviously didnt give a sh1t so he slopped creosote everywhere and my side of the fence is now covered in nasty black drips and stains (cow-like pattern in black and harvest gold!) . Builder says he will put 2 fresh coats of my stuff back on my side and sand out any difficult bits. These are rough sawn boards so no amount of sanding or painting will get rid of the soaked in creosote. I'm demanding that he replaces the fence entirely (will cost him about 1K). Where am I legally. Destruction of property for my side of the fence? Thanks for any help!

Advertisement