Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoaib and Asif test positive for nandrolone

• 17-10-2006 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭

Details from cricinfo here

Well well, Pakistani cricket gets another boost here. Was a fan of Shoaib too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

its just one thing after another,cant wait for the next scandal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

oh dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:rolleyes: I don't like to ascribe national characteristics based on the misdeeds of a few but...

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Sky Sports news did their utmost to stir it as usual, bringing in their vast array of experts to cast their views on the issues, they made the english team look like angels altogether and the Pakistani team out to be pure corrupt.
    It felt like they insinuated that Pakistan were only ever good because of this, that stuff drives me mad and i know i am worse for watching it.
    In my opinion i dont think its as bad as it may seem, i honestly dont think they would of gained that much from using the drug, i am not an expert but i know that increased levels can be found becaused of your diet, saying that its their responsability to monitor their diet even if it was not intentional

In my opinion i dont think its as bad as it may seem, i honestly dont think they would of gained that much from using the drug,l

thats a bad attitude to have imo,drugs in sport is a big NO NO,whether or not they gained anything from taking them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

county wrote:
    thats a bad attitude to have imo,drugs in sport is a big NO NO,whether or not they gained anything from taking them

I agree 100%. And the fact is that nandrolone would have helped them both enormously in their recovery from their various injuries, especially Shoaib whose entire technique is built around upper-body muscle strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I did say it is their own responsibility to monitor their own diet if it was not intentional, I would just like to give the benefit of doubt to players since the risk and reprucutions outweigh the potential benefits of using the drug.
    After saying that Pakistan is a very passionate cricket country with alot of pressure on the star players.
    I am totaly against drugs in sport, dont even get me started on Lance Armstrong :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

legspin wrote:
    at leased they didnt blame their mothers like warne did:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The Greg Rusedski defence, m'lud :)

Advertisement