Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf - Creaking window

Options
  • 17-10-2006 8:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

Recently I have noticed the passenger side window in my 2000 Golf is creaking when it's fully up if I go over bumps in the road and sometimes when the car is coming to a stop and starting. If I put the window down there is no problem it's only when it's fully up. I am thinking the window might beed to be lubricated but not sure if this is the right course of action, anyone got any ideas how to fix it? Window is electric.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Spray a silicone lubricant inside the window rubber - it might help. You can get silicone lubricant in most decent motor factors.

Advertisement