Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundrum Gift Vouchers - Beware!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubb

Hi folks,

I see Dundrum Town Centre changed their gift card provider from Giftflex, possibly over the €3 / month issue much discussed here.

However, I can't find the terms and conditions for the new Mastercard-based provider Perfect Card anywhere online, either at dundrum.ie or perfectcard.ie The latter is a very strange site - it brings you straight to a crappy page to check your balance, but there's nothing about who's behind it or how to contact them. Maybe the site is broken?

I have a card about a year old. Anyone know if they expire?

Thanks.
    D

I got a nice helpful reply from info@perfectcard.ie:
    Hi,
    The website is being redesigned at the moment. The best place to get the terms and conditions is at the gift card desk in Dundrum.
    Thanks,
    Ann
    i..e. PFO!
    What wonderful customer service!

I got my answer:
    When the card goes into month 13 from date of issue there is a €3.00 monthly charge. That is the only charge and most people don’t incur this charge as the cards are usually well spent befoe that.
    So after 12 months it's back to the original problem with Giftflex, that posters to boards.ie and callers to the Joe Duffy Show managed to have removed!

Of course with the rate companies are going out of business you spend vouchers as fast as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

I just refuse to buy these cards now, as we live nearby my kids have often gotten them as presents, they cause nothing but grief! Balances being lost, some shops expecting kids to spend a minimum amount before they can use them. Why cant they have a simpler system like the Easons one.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭novice

got a further mail this morning in relation to this

"Dear JSB,

Many thanks for you recent correspondence re the HQGiftFlex Voucher Scheme.

We were genuinely surprised at the confusion around the terms and conditions surrounding the card as we felt that the system offered clear choices. However, we understand that our customers were unclear on the charges and following a review with the supplier HQGiftFlex we have negotiated the removal of recurring €3 maintenance charge relating to the gift card.

Dundrum Town Centre is committed to providing you with a best in class retail experience and value and we welcome your feedback on all matters relating to the centre.

Yours sincerely,

Don Nugent

Centre Director"

so it looks like they probably have had a lot of people emailing asking about this.

According to Dundrum Town Centre's website (dundrum.ie)
    HQGiftflex have been replaced by Perfect Card as the gift card provider at Dundrum,
    and the €3/month maintenance charge is back after 12 months.

See this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

novice wrote: »
    According to Dundrum Town Centre's website (dundrum.ie)
    HQGiftflex have been replaced by Perfect Card as the gift card provider at Dundrum,
    and the €3/month maintenance charge is back after 12 months.

See this thread.

novice - please do not resurrect old threads (from 2006) when there already is a current thread in the forum.

Threads merged.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

dubb wrote: »
    I got a nice helpful reply from info@perfectcard.ie:
    i..e. PFO!
    What wonderful customer service!

I emailed Dundrum last week to ask what the T&Cs were, after some delay, they sent my query to Perfect Card, who offered to post the T&Cs out to me, as they're not online yet.

I received this today.

perfectcard.jpg
    A with compliments card, with the details tipp-exed out. Not very professional, even more so when the address on the envelope looks like it was written by a 3-year old.

address1.jpg

I replied to Dundrum Town Centre customer service to let them know they should re-consider their affiliates.

Now, a badly written address is not the end of the world, but if they can't employ someone who can write clearly and legibly, then I'd have no confidence in their ability to operate a credit card service for a shopping centre the size of Dundrum Town Centre. The contents of the envelope is just a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭luvs2spooge

Just wondering, please forgive my ignorance, can these only be used in Dundrum Shopping centre or can they be used in any shop that accepts debit cards??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Stiv

I haven't tested it, but you should be able to use them anywhere that accepts Mastercard. They're just pre-loaded credit cards (debit cards, technically), so should be acceptable anywhere that has a card reader.

Got 90 euros in vouchers last Christmas and stashed them away somewhere. Forgot and my budget is now declining at the rate of 9 euro a month (over 3 cards). Scandalous, but we don't really complain about being ripped off in this country, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 xxxSonsuzaxxx

Hi.

Apologies if i've resurrected an old thread but just wanted to fill you all in on something.

Myself and some girls in work got a colleague €600 worth of Dundrum Giftcards and she used them to buy a new cooker in DID Electric and to pay for a hotel on 1800hotels.ie. As they're a Mastercard card they can be used anywhere that accepts Mastercard.

This was in May so fairly recent enough anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement