Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good deal?

Options
  • 17-10-2006 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever found a good deal on ebay? I've seen this and it'd cost less than 15k inc VRT etc to get it in here...
    BMW 328ci Auto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Sweet! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks ok. Ebay can be great but you need to see drive and inspect the car in reality.

Get a HPI check done too.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Looks like a good car, mileage a touch high but the price reflects this.
    (would be more worried if it said 35K miles!)

over 1000 euro irish road tax a year:eek: but if thats not a problem then why not.

Try to get an AA inspection before you go over, will cost you but might be worth it.

Id say by the ad ,that he's a small time dealer who buys a car to drive for a year then sell on for profit (just by the way its worded)

Make sure you see the Full service history including MOT certs and repair work carried out, sometimes Mileage will be printed on them.

Also no Multi-function steering wheel, ie no radio control or cruise control.

But not a bad car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ye I know I bought from ebay before. I'll get the HPI report but you know yourself it still doesn't mean the car is good. He said it's been a company car from new with 2 owners and he's had it for the last 55k miles. I asked him for more interior photos but he doesn't have any there.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

Appearing at ****** Motors in the near future, sporting a new haircut!
    ...maybe

• Advertisement

bmoferrall wrote:
    ...maybe
    Don't mention the war!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Lovely car - multi function and cruise can be added very cheaply if you so wish, has the sports seats, climate control and piano black trim which are fairly desirable for the E46. Quite a nippy car too!

steve06 wrote:
    Anyone ever found a good deal on ebay? I've seen this and it'd cost less than 15k inc VRT etc to get it in here...
    BMW 328ci Auto

did you buy it?

no I wanted to see what would happen because after a bit of research I noticed that

1: the seller hadn't been active since june 2005
    2: hiding the bidders ID's can mean they're a dodgy seller
    3: I asked for more images and he was "away on business" and couldn't send send them over

I was outbid by £100 and reckon I'll get an email later to say the deal fell through and there's a 2nd chance to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

bmoferrall wrote:
    ...maybe
    LOL! :D

Surprise surprise I got a 2nd chance offer on the car.... lol - I'm reporting that guy to ebay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

steve06 wrote:
    BMW 328ci Auto

bet u avnt seen this deal:D pitty i wasnt online then:rolleyes:
    EBAY

had the sales page on my comp but it got deleted.Classic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice car. €15k landed and VRTd seems a pretty good deal
    bmoferrall wrote:
    ...maybe
    LOL, Santa likes fixing clocks in his Grotto...

steve06 wrote:
    Surprise surprise I got a 2nd chance offer on the car.... lol - I'm reporting that guy to ebay!

Surely keeping your bidders private is not a reporting offence?,

but getting a friend to bid on one's car is, but how does one prove that?

He still might be genuine, but my first question to him would be why did he make it private?

keeping bidders private : sellers keep bidders private so that people that have been scammed by them previously can not contact your bidders to tell them!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As much as I found it funny, I decided to edit out the vague references to the dealer we all know and love, just in case!

Advertisement