Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Track

Options
  • 17-10-2006 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi there
    Have been jogging on the streets now for a few weeks waiting for the running track to open and now that it is, i believe you pay €20.00 to hire it for an evening. Would there be anyone that would be interested in hiring it with me 3 nights a week or something like that. I'm far from a marathon runner but enjoy running and would love to be able to make full use of the track.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

might be interested. wont be moving into the park until after xmas though. where is the track? 20 eur is a bit steep just to use it for one evening dont you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

Yeah, i think €20 is pretty steep but that's why i was thinking if we could get 10 people or so, there's still loads of room on the track and it would only be €2 each. The running track is only up the road from Charlesland, beside Jackie Skelly's, although it's not part of Jackie Skellys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 cooboo

That is an absolute rip off!! You could get gym membership for cheaper than that..

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

agreed

was the centre not build for the use of the residents of greystones - how can they charge us

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the charges are (presumably) to cover the running of the centre

€20 seems a bit steep but it is a 6-lane running track so they probably haven't anticipated individuals wanting to rent it, just clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

They have a brochure in the office with a list of crazy prices including 20 or 30 euro per hour for "track and field hire" depending on peak or off peak.
    This seems directed at groups and clubs.

HOWEVER, it also says that "there is no charge to use the track during public hours". - I think that is directed at individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭oinkely

hey folks,
    you can join any of the local clubs that use the track and then take part in their sessions for a minimal fee. the kilcoole senior athletics club has just been reklindled and had it's first track session last night at the charlesland track. it is €10 to join the club till christmas and then 1 euro per coached track session. it's very good with a very wide range of abilities and a coach who is well able to cater for all abilities. wednesdays at 7.15 if anyone is interested. look for Eamon Tilly.
    when the track is open i would not imagine there would be any difficulties popping in and using it.
    hopefully see some of you next wednesday.
    oink

Advertisement