Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Philips DVDR-3300H - how to integrate it into a full home cinema system?

• 17-10-2006 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I've currently got a Philips DVD recorder/hard disk (DVDR-3300H) and would now like to integrate it into a full home cinema kit.

Buying a separate amp, subwoofer and speakers seems a bit bewildering to me as I'm pretty new to this home cinema scene....

Is it possible to buy an all-in-one kit and then simply plug and play my 3300H into it instead of the supplied DVD player in the kit? Would there be a noticeable loss of quality from the system if I went down this route? Should I go for a Philips all-in-one system or consider other manufacturers systems also?

I'm not sure if the above is even possible but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    skyway

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

should be, look for a digital input on the amplifier you buy..coak or optical, and you should be good to go..btw, if it has a digital input it will sound the same as using the dvd player in the kit...but you'll probably end up with a much better picture using your own dvd player than some cheap one in a kit

• Registered Users Posts: 39 skyway

Thanks mossym, I'll keep that is mind when buying an all-in-one kit.

skyway.

Advertisement