Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimaira

• 17-10-2006 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

http://www.chimaira.com/
    Whatever happened to this band? Apparently, they were dropped from Roadrunner when their self titled debut didnt sell as well as expected (you could see this being repeated with Trivium) and despite the fact that I went to see them twice in the space of 3 months in Ireland they just seemed to disappear off the face of the planet. I remember reading an article in Metal Hammer with them and just thinking I hadnt heard from them in a while. Its a real shame what the Metal scene can do to you if you dont strike gold at every hurdle.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

well they are in the middle of writing a new album,and i think it was more chimaira had enough of RR not backing them cause they weren't making the music they wanted
    They have just signed for Nuclear blast and Ferret i think,but im not sure.so that should be better for them

And i can't wait for their new album,last one was great

Edit:from blabbermouth
    Cleveland's CHIMAIRA is currently at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida with producer Jason Suecof (TRIVIUM, GOD FORBID) recording its fourth album, entitled "Resurrection". Last week, producer Andy Sneap (NEVERMORE, ARCH ENEMY, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE) recorded the drum tracks for "Resurrection" in Cleveland with CHIMAIRA drummer Andols Herrick; Sneap will also be mixing the album once it is completed. Expect to see this recording in stores spring 2007 on Ferret Music in the U.S. and Nuclear Blast in Europe. Vocalist Mark Hunter explains, "This is our fourth album and we as a band, are collectively and for the first time ever, in synch and in a 'positive' new headspace; we are all really excited about the new material."

"Resurrection" will feature 13 songs, two of which will be used as bonus tracks for a special limited-edition worldwide release. The limited-edition package will also include a documentary of the making of "Resurrection", directed by Todd Bell, who previously worked with the group on their "The Dehumanizing Process" DVD.Cover art for the new CD will be done by legendary artist Paul Booth.

CHIMAIRA's last album, "Chimaira", was recorded at Spider Studios in Ohio with producer Ben Schigel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Looking forward to the new album. I thought their self-titled album was an improvement on The Impossibility of Reason. I wish I had been a bit more into them when they played at TBMC. Ah well, another time I'm sure.

Looking forward to the new album. I thought their self-titled album was an improvement on The Impossibility of Reason. I wish I had been a bit more into them when they played at TBMC. Ah well, another time I'm sure.

me too,although i got to see them in the ambassador where imo they wipped the floor with the other bands on that line up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

http://www.chimaira.com/
    Whatever happened to this band? Apparently, they were dropped from Roadrunner when their self titled debut didnt sell as well as expected (you could see this being repeated with Trivium) and despite the fact that I went to see them twice in the space of 3 months in Ireland they just seemed to disappear off the face of the planet. I remember reading an article in Metal Hammer with them and just thinking I hadnt heard from them in a while. Its a real shame what the Metal scene can do to you if you dont strike gold at every hurdle.

Any thoughts?

Crue - it's been covered Beekay, and I think he's right it was as much them trying to get away from RR as them being dropped, but they also had the drummer change didn't they around that time, and by all accounts all is going really well with the new album, hopefully they'll return here touring the new album, thought the TBMC gig was a cracker, very pleasantly surprised, enjoyed the Ambassador show but didn't think it had the same intensity (bigger venue I guess)........

don't think the Trivium thing will happen like that, would appear they are massive in the UK - 60,000 sold first week, nearly twice that of the US sales, but that should help them along the way - unless of course RR aren't their label in Europe........anyway I agree it's becoming very fickle with Metal labels, in places it's just plain ridiculous trying to have sales quotas for extreme bands is just madness.......

Also a band with as much of a sense of humor as them has to be kept around!!:D :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement