Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital recorders

Options
  • 17-10-2006 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking into a digital recorder for recording presenters delvering courses, Anyone have any opinions/recommendations on models?

At the moment, the presenter is mic'ed up and i take a line out from the mixer into an external soundcard on a laptop but i'd like to simplify that so a presenter could be recorded delivering his course alone in a meeting room if needs be.

Is the mic on these things good enough to pick up passable quality voice audio? Jobs footing the bill so price shouldnt be an issue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Something with a built in condenser mic like this would fit the bill:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Edirol-R-09-Portable-Recorder-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ130035763103QQihZ003QQcategoryZ15199QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are a few brands that do portable recorders like this. One with a hard disk might set you (or your employer) back a bit more but then you get plenty of storage capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

nice wan, ta

yeah a hard disk would be necessary..a course can be up to four hours at times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

If I was going to buy a similar unit for myself, I'd probably buy the Zoom H4, although it has alot of bells and whistles on it that might frighten your average lecturer. The Edirol looks good but to be honest I have bad experience with their gear, but don't let that stand in your way. Maybe this Marantz could be the right solution. It looks like something your granny could use and they have a rep for great build quality. They've also been the standard brand for 2 track recording for years. I've heard business people refer to all two track recorders as Marantz's. For whatever it's worth I'd also suggest recording in MP3.

Let us know what you go with and how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hmm.. i like the cut of this Zoom h4's gib, I think we've found a winner, muchos gracias frobisher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Bambi wrote:
    Hmm.. i like the cut of this Zoom h4's gib, I think we've found a winner, muchos gracias frobisher :)
    Pleasure, ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement