Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Meteor upgrade phone available

• 17-10-2006 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've an upgrade due and want to stick with Nokia, and what is available in the meteor stores is fairly crap. I have been told that one can get more options for upgrade phones in CarPhone Warehouse etc.. is this true and if so does anyone know which phones are available??

Please & Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

connundrum wrote:
    Hey,

I've an upgrade due and want to stick with Nokia, and what is available in the meteor stores is fairly crap. I have been told that one can get more options for upgrade phones in CarPhone Warehouse etc.. is this true and if so does anyone know which phones are available??

Please & Thanks :D

Bill pay or pay as you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Yeah the Meteor phones are pretty weak at the moment. I'm waiting until they get the Sony Ericson K800/K790 on bill pay.

The shop assistant assured me that it is currently undergoing "trials" at the moment, although he may have been telling me porkies. The W810 looks nice too, of course my suggestions are pointless if you had your heart set on a nokia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Pythia wrote:
    Bill pay or pay as you go?

Bill, I have the 6230i at the moment and I guess its a good phone, but a change is in need. The N91 is huge and would be a waste and I couldn't justify the money for the 8800.

Am I right in thinking that Carphone Warehouse will allow ya get different hones to what is available in the Meteor shops?

I know I'm restricting myself by sticking with Nokia but I've spend hundreds of €'s trying out the others and just find Nokia to be the best for texting etc.

Why must the range be so crap :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The new 6131 is quite nice,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

connundrum wrote:
    Am I right in thinking that Carphone Warehouse will allow ya get different hones to what is available in the Meteor shops?

Yes you are. They have a different range to the Meteor stores. Generally they have newer phones quicker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement