Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sam & Max Episode 1: Culture Shock

Options
  • 17-10-2006 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Brings a tear to my eye reading this in Eurogamers review for S&M:CC.
    Sam & Max: Episode One: Culture Shock is a wonderful piece of entertainment, and easily the best adventure game since the days of Grim Fandango. It's not only the most 'fun' game we've played all year, but also the funniest and deserves to succeed so that other developers are inspired to take the same calculated risk as Telltale and follow their own vision.
    Its available in the US today through GameTap, and to the rest of the world on November 1st through TellTale's website. This is one $8.95 I won't mind spending!

15 days and counting.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

fecking awesome!:)
    I should really get around to playing the original Sam & Max acutally...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

ditto, for some reason i never knew how to save in the game so i never got around to playing it properly. Maybe my version is dodgy ofr something. I'll still get this though. Gotta find myself Grim Fandango at some point too!
    Ah so many games so little time!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've had Sam and Max for about 4 years but never played it. Have get that scumm emulator and give it a shot. Used to love the scumm games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

uhmm how are they protecting against piracy?

(pictures another doom 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

these 15 days won't pass soon enough,

absolutely loved sam & max, i had the cd version but somehow i could never get the voices to work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Copy all the files off the CD, and use ScummVM. Enjoy! Its a classic classic game....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Excellent, I can't wait. I was afraid Telltale were going to f**k it up, but I guess they haven't. Sam & Max was one of my favourite games on my trusty old 486 :)
    I replayed it last year on my PSP with scummvm too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Thank god is all I can say!

I was dreading that this would be another example of a developer f**king up a wonderful licence for a quick buck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

It's being released in the U.S. today right, what is it that prevents us from downloading it over here in the E.U., an I.P. check or ZIP code validation thingy?. Why are they staggering the release anyway?, there's no translation/localisation to be done, we're not talking about smelly consoles here.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

See for yourself. -> https://account.gametap.com/storefront/login/createAccount.do

I think Bone (another Telltale game) was activate online after downloading, so I don't think its possible to grab/activate before Nov 1st.

• Advertisement
Advertisement