Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've fallen in love with CoD1 all over again...

• 17-10-2006 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

My connection has been half decent lately and I've been playing CoD1 quite a bit as a result (didn't even try CoD2 as it's my cr@p PC) and I have to say it feels very satisfying. I had forgotten about the precision required to kill people! And the 1 bullet headshots with the KAR-98K and the MP44 feel SOOO good!

Unfortunately, it seems 98% of CoDers have switched to CoD2 leaving only very few servers to play on... :(

Have you guys switched to CoD2 only (as I had when I had a good PC and a good connection)? Or have you stopped playing CoD altogether? Or are you on UO?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Defo CodUO has abundance of servers to play on,it is a step up from CoD1.
    I have not got Cod2 as i heard all sorts of bad reports about it.Maybe for the future.

DOD mod weapons is a good server to play on if you like ruuning around like a headless chicken and clocking up points but the sounds and maps are fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

My connection has been half decent lately and I've been playing CoD1 quite a bit as a result (didn't even try CoD2 as it's my cr@p PC) and I have to say it feels very satisfying. I had forgotten about the precision required to kill people! And the 1 bullet headshots with the KAR-98K and the MP44 feel SOOO good!

Unfortunately, it seems 98% of CoDers have switched to CoD2 leaving only very few servers to play on... :(

Have you guys switched to CoD2 only (as I had when I had a good PC and a good connection)? Or have you stopped playing CoD altogether? Or are you on UO?

lol Steff, I've been saying that for so long, I'm glad you too saw it :)

Remember how you were defending cod2 against cod1? I bet you feel differently now ;)

Cod1 = skills needed, great actions/maps, movements, everything is perfect.
    Cod2 = 0 skill, rushed xbox garbage, nothing close to satisfaction of cod1, and it got so boring so fast I don't play it anymore.

I only wish they hadn't released cod2 for PC and divided the cod community, all those great full cod1/uo servers that are empty cod2 servers now would still be running great, but still there is a hope, everyday I see more cod1/uo servers and less cod2 servers, lots of people are going back and rightfully so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Careful CyberGhost! I didn't say I preferred CoD1 to CoD2! I just said I've been playing CoD1 cos I have a cr@p PC and I'm loving it!
    If I had a proper PC I think I'd be playing CoD2 instead in all fairness...

Have any of you seen CoD3 for the PC? I downloaded a video of actual MultiPlayer gameplay and I nearly puked when I saw it was exactly the same as UO... :( Some of you will be happy to hear CoD3 is going to be like UO but as far as I'm concerned it's bad news...

Duh :(

CoD3 for PC? it's a console only game, as far as I know it won't be released for PC. have a link for the video?

EDIT: Is it this one Steff?
    http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=NyL3iXol83A&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DNyL3iXol83A

Access Denied to YouTube in work... I'll check at home and get back to you.

I remember downloading it from codhq (file called "CoD3 Multiplayer Footage 1 submitted by Treyarch Games" - 365.27 MB).

• Advertisement

Thanks Steffano!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lol Steff we have have been saying this for so long,COD1 and Uo are far better than COD2.

Dcully wrote:
    Lol Steff we have have been saying this for so long,COD1 and Uo are far better than COD2.
    I didn't say that!!! :p I said CoD1 is still a very good and satisfying game! Haven't played CoD2 in 4 months (can't with that PC)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I don't have CoD2, so I play mostly CoD and occasionally CoDUO.

I seem to default to Multiplay Pavlov only as I enjoy the rifle only play. It's always fun when a newb picks up the mp-44 that happens to be lying around and then goes nuts when it doesn't work!

On UO I found a great server that has Maps of Mordor, Moria, the Shire (obviously LoTR themed) but has a great map called Sandbox which is great for a giggle.

Was impressed with what I saw of CoD2 on the xBox360, but can't be arsed with it on the PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RectalWareZ

Im back playing Cod again, Great fun, havent played it in years. Mind u cant find my copy of COD2 :(

• Advertisement

Im back playing Cod again, Great fun, havent played it in years. Mind u cant find my copy of COD2 :(
    Well that's a bummer! :(

I no longer have an internet connection at home and my PC is a piece of cr@p at best so I'm afraid I won't be playing much CoD of any sort for quite a few months... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnmaclcdtv

I play them all quite a bit and my favorite is uo, I find cod2 to be a bit arcady it seems that if you just wave the gun in your enemies general direction you can hit them no real level of precision is required. And also the grenades are everywhere you can't turn a corner and about 20 people have lobbed a grenade randomly so you walk straight into it, very annoying:mad: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

I love CoD2. When it first came out i was between minds about it, but now its all I play. Tried playing the odd game of vCoD again but its lost its appeal to me.

Advertisement