Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten with runny eyes

Options
  • 17-10-2006 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

My 3 month old kitten's eyes have been a bit runny. And yes, I've been to the vet. He said there's nothing to worry about. That was a couple of weeks ago, they're still a bit sticky - not excessively so but was just wondering is this normal? Should I go back to the vet? She's in rude health otherwise...

*EDIT* she's not sneezing and she was a stray kitten...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Cotton wool and luke warm water,just dab and clean.

If you are worried, bring her back to the vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lady_marmalade

Cotton wool and luke warm water,just dab and clean.

If you are worried, bring her back to the vet.
    Thanks, I did bathe her eye with a mild saline solution this morning. I'll see how that goes and if she's no better in a week I'll bring her back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Boil the water and let it return to room temp if you are using tapwater.

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

We had the problem before and the vet told us it was stress related, probably because we had moved house, so we picked up some wipes and used those. It cleared up after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The warm water should do the trick but if it doesn't clear up the vet should be able to give you a mild ointment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lady_marmalade

much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭EWheelChair

We had this problem with a kitten, someone told us to wipe her eyes with a warm wet teabag. Did the trick actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭eimearnll

the tbag works,as silly as it sounds :D my dad used to do it with are kitten it has to be warm you just hold it on the eye for as long as the kitten will let you and wipe all the muck away never failed ;)

Advertisement