Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying cheap alloys on offer.

Options
  • 17-10-2006 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I can get new alloys for 475e 15 inch.

Is there any problems with having cheap brand alloys.

I need new alloys to replace the crap ones I have now that dont have any paint on them and are scratched left right and centre, from when I bought the car two n half years ago.

I am planning on keeping the car for another tow n half years, and I dont want to spend big money on wheels.

Wolface Katana's for 475 with tyres seem very good indeed.

Whats peoples opinions.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thats the going rate for them!!! Try Car-Fit in clondalkin he has some nice wheels there for €500 odd and they look better than Wolfrace tbh!!
    At the end of the day its how you keep them that counts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Wolfrace aint the worst,some cheapo brands are make from crap but avoid potholes and you should have no problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Just mke sure they have the correct offset, so your car wont have that "im dumb and bought tyres off the shelf for my 206 and now it looks like a 4x4" look, you know the ones... tyres sticking outside wheel arches .:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

cheapo alloys can have pourous surfaces, which allow slow punctures as th seat against the tyre isn't airtight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Katana's are the cheapest/ugliest alloys you can buy imo. For the same money you should be able to pick up any of the Wolfrace "Excite" range most of which are much nicer.

http://www.wolfrace.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=WWOS&Category_Code=WREXCITE

There is a place in Blanchardstown called Raptor performance that'll do them cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

forgive me if this sounds like a generalisation but wolfrace are crap, they will fold at the mere thought of a pothole,

also if they seem cheap u can be sure the tyres are the latest plastic ditchfinders from taiwan

youd be better getting some decent rims second hand and buying good tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

rochfordtyres.co.uk have very competitive rates and £40 sterling delivery is good

Granted you're getting Nankang NS-1 rubber which last a long time but sh1te grip. I replaced my fronts with Toyo's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I was looking at Rochfordtyres.co.uk alright, they have a great selection on offer.

I already have cheap crap alloys on the air and i have to fill the tyres with air every two weeks as colm said above.

Would steel wheels be an option is anyones opinion. I dont have the car styled and will only hold onto the car for another two years.

Advertisement