Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yakuza

Options
  • 17-10-2006 3:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else playing it. I'm quite enjoying it. It looks gorgeous and the town feels far more alive than anything I've seen even on the new generation consoles although it's not very big. The fighting engine is great fun with some great way over the top violence, not much gore but you can really feel the hits connecting. The story is fairly average at the moment, don't see why the reviews are raving about it. The voicework is mostly excellent but the amount of swearing is a bit jarring. Seems Sega were trying to shoehorn it to tailor for the GTA generation. I think Kazumas character is great, total hard bastard but with a nice streak to him. There are a few annoyances, the bosses can be a pain until you figure out how to beat them and the start of the funeral level early on didn't really work that well.

Overall I'm finding it enjoyable, reminds me a bit of Shenmue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

finished this game last week

Storyline is actually quite brilliant at time....reminds me a lot of good Asian cop thrillers :)

The violence is a very nice touch - especially when you do a "heat" move whilst holding a weapon :)

The only problem is when characters refer to "districts" as the map isnt divided that way.

Other then that, tis a fine game, and I had great fun - especially the "me vs a town" fight :)

The one boss I had a problem with is the guy with the patch over one eye - dont like him at all, he made me cry...then I had to beat my girlfriend and my child :) That made me happy again...hehehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

heard its like shenmue but with mobsters?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I really like it, but I'm not sure why. It's restrictive in what you can do, utterly repetitive, the camera angles are a nightmare, and it's totally linear, however I can't put it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

I really like it, but I'm not sure why. It's restrictive in what you can do, utterly repetitive, the camera angles are a nightmare, and it's totally linear, however I can't put it down.

In fairness, I spent most of my time playing Shenmue driving a bleedin' forklift around, and it was great craic.

Advertisement