Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quoting posts

Options
  • 17-10-2006 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭

I know this has been covered but i have done a search but it is bringing up every post on boards that contains a quote!

I know how to quote someones entire post but can someone help me out and tell how to just quote a sentence from someones post??

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I hit the quote icon and then just highlight + delete what I don't want in the quote.
    Is that what you mean?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Use the tags:
    [noparse]
    UserName wrote:
    What they said
    [/noparse].

You can copy and paste what they've said.

Then for further sentences by the same person, the convention is to use:
    [noparse]
    further things they said
    [/noparse].

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Aye me too. Although the quote is a simple tag:
    [noparse]
    This is a quote
    [/noparse]

If you want the username in there add =username; hence:
    [noparse]
    Username wrote:
    This is a specific quote
    [/noparse]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Beruthiel wrote:
    I hit the quote icon and then just highlight + delete what I don't want in the quote.
    Is that what you mean?

well i have often seen you post in PI and you are able to quote individual sentences and then write your comment underneath and then quote another sentence and keep going etc

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Cut
    Paste
    Rinse
    Repeat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

know this has been covered but i have done a search but it is bringing up every post on boards that contains a quote!

sorry just practising

I know how to quote someones entire post but can someone help me out and tell how to just quote a sentence from someones post??

I hadnt seen the quote icon when replying!

Thanks all!

Advertisement