Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Place to buy cables in Dublin

• 17-10-2006 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My dad has just upgraded to a Samsung HD LCD TV, and he wants to try out the component connection he has in his DVD place (the DVD player was connected with a cheap scart cable), and he asked me to have a look for him in Dublin today or tomorrow.

My understand is that Component cables are just 3 RCA cables with sheilding to protect the analog signal, but all the ones I've seen so far have been very expensive.

DID were selling one for €109, and Peats.com seem to have ones for about €55. This to my dad is far to expensive for a cable that he has seen online for €14 (pixmania.com), and that he is not even sure he needs.

So my question is where is a good place in dublin to buy A/V cables that aren't absolutely top of the range high end ones. Or is the best bet to go online?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Heaven forbid, but B and Q have component cables (amongst others).
    Not overly overpriced.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭Ivan E

Upgraded to the same tv myself and decided to get the same cables too to make use of the progressive scan on my dvd. But also because I have just put the tv on the wall, I knew I'd need longer cables. Your best bet is to go on to ebay. I bought a 5m lead for just over €17. I can post the link of the supplier I got it off. Took 3 days to get.

To be honest, I didn't really notice any difference but it is a longer lead and I haven't fully tested it out as yet. Just don't have the time at the moment. I've also just bought a new longer RGB compatible gold plated scart from the same crowd but haven't received that yet. Again I need a longer cable so I had to change what I had. One of the scarts I did have was a scart at one end and 3 composite cables at the other. Taking that out and replacing it with a standard scart did make a big difference.

Advertisement