Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car theft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

How do you protect your cars?

Soon we will have guarding our house, (having had my sisters car stolen last week, and attempts on my Prelude, GTO, 300zx and my bros mini... and with a 308 coming soon) a wall around the house, we are paving the driveway, fitting a security post (solid) blocking the driveway, fitting cameras on the garage looking down, a motion sensor light on the house, and the cars will have clifford motion detection systems and toad immobilisers (300zx already has this) and big disklocks .
    That might deter the scum from Darndale.
    Do people worry about their vehicles?

Yes, enough to be going to all this trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

We have space for 3 cars on our driveway in an order like this and the opening only in front of car 1. Car 1 is a Micra, Car 2 a Hundai Sonata and Car 3 a Toyota MR2. We have alarms on all of them and a steering wheel lock on the MR2 along with it being parked in about 98% of the time.

Car 1|____
    Car 2 Car 3|

We also have another Micra parked on the road and that has a steering lock on it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I'mm buying a MR2 soon and intend to get....

Clifford 650 alarm/imobiliser with blackjax anti-hijack system, a steering lock or maybe a snap off steering wheel. Should be enough to deter the local scumbags from robbing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

We Have an Arosa normal key lock and nothing else, Honda Accord with double locks which means that even if you smash the window of a car you cannot open the door form the inside, a Almera my car just has an immobiliser which cannot be started if hot wired without the key kinda dreading the day when i come out to the car after an attemped theft with the door pulled back and the stering column in bits.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

qazz wrote:
    Hi all
    Is car theft big problem in Ireland? How do you protect your cars? Do people worry about their vehicles?

I've just got "mechanical gearbox blockade" installed. It makes my car very hard to steal. The gear shift is blocked on "R" and the blockade is inside of the car console.

http://varios.busythumbs.com/entry_id/568253/action/viewentry/
    http://varios.busythumbs.com/entry_id/568254/action/viewentry/

What do you think about it?
    Thanks

What make/model is this? I can't find it on the net anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭qazz

you won't find it on the net yet. it's new in Ireland. my car is the first :D

PM me for more details

Advertisement