Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a percussion controller?

Options
  • 17-10-2006 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

I want to get my hands on a MIDI percussion controller as I'm getting really pissed off with having to manually program my percussion on a grid editor. Anyone recommend a nice controller for me? Or should I bite the bullet and buy a MIDI drumkit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Check this vid out

http://www.fxpansion.com/fxvideoplayer/videoplayer.php?id=226

He's using a thing called the "Zen Drum" or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

A midi perc controller and a midi drumkit are two extremely different tools for a similiar job. A couple of questions: what kind of music are you making, how experienced are you at drum programming and what level is your drumming at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'm hoping to make IDM/electronica, e.g. electronic drum sounds but with a complex beat. I've done a little MIDI drum programming with Max/MSP and tons with Cubase. I'm an intermediate drummer with a little more experience on hand drums (specifically djembe) than kit. My plan is to lay down beats with a simple drum controller (with emphasis on the controller; I have no need for a drum module or anything else that creates the sounds) and then overdub further beats to achieve the necessary complexity. Basically I need to "play" something to achieve the sounds I want, rather than just tapping it out on a MIDI keyboard or clicking on a grid

Advertisement