Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiving Canal plus France decoded

• 17-10-2006 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

I have a french analogue dish at home that is pointed to a french analogue satellite.
    I receive the French channels TF1, France 2, France 3, Arte, M6 and Canal + France.

Does anyone now if i can get a decodeur so that i can receive Canal + France uncrypted as certain programs get crypted.
    In France, you need to subcribe to them and they send you a decodeur, but does anyone now if i was to bring a decodeur from France, would it work and how would i set it up.

Any idea.#

Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you take out a subsbcription in France the receiver will work here fine. Nothing to setup if you already can see the clear channels and the list of Canal+ that you can't view. Or you may need the dish realigned.

I think some receivers with Viacess CAM perhaps work with Canal+ subscription.

Is it 13E or 5W your dish points at?

The dish works with analogue or digital. The LNB on it can work with either, though older LNBs only get about 1/2 the Digital channels.

Lots of people here have legitimate Canal+ subscriptions (mostly French people). If Canal+ take credit card, you won't need a French bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kilcullen

well, I get the channel, but some programs at certain times are encrypted, so it is just a matter of getting the decoder and setting it up.

I used to work with a french colleague a few years ago that had canal+ here but i can't remember how he set it up, so i was hoping that someone that had that setup could yelp.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You're better getting digital subscription. than decoding the analogue PM the guy in France on Satelite forum that wants Irish TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

Canal+ on 5°e analogue decodes most of its content. To view all Canal+ channels in the clear you need a digital box with mediaguard/seca reader (prefereably a Csat one) and a subscription card. http://www.canalsat.fr/
    And you'd have to turn your dish to Astra1 19.2°e.

Advertisement