Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with metro broadband

Options
  • 17-10-2006 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

Hi, dont know if i should put this thread in this fourm but here it goes.
    recently got metro lite 1meg, it was installed no problem and is working, also have a belkin wireless ap to go with it. I want three laptops to connect to it but for some reason only two will ever get IP's and can go on the internet. The IP's for the ones working are 83.147.168.x assigned by hdcp, while the third will get an automatic ip. I have rang digiweb and they have said turn the modem on and off and it will automaticly pick up everything connecting to it, but only two ever get online and it seems to be ramdon which ones get online.
    any help would be nice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need a router. (NAT/Firewall)
    The airpoint only shares a LAN on WiFi. It ought not to let more than one Client work

You can either get a separate 4port switch + 1 WAN ethernet port Router and connect the WAN port to Digiweb Modem and any of the 4 ethernet ports to the Airpoint. (Then any reasonable number of WiFi and Ethernet clients will work)

OR
    YOu can get a four port switch, ethernet WAN port router/NAT and WiFi Airpoint all in one box.

Linksys, Netgear and Dlink all make decent ones of both varieties.

The Metro modem is just a Modem + voice/phone adaptor. It has no NAT/Firewall/Router function.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

its what i thought :( looks like another purchase from komplett is needed, thank anyway

Advertisement