Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else get......

• 17-10-2006 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

This in their email today?

This Message is reaching you from Alliance & Leicester Plc.
    Notice to all our customers.
    We apologies for inconvenience issues against our customer’s accounts.

We are protecting all our customer's account against fraudulent issue and money laundering on our SSL secure server.
    To access security protection against fraudulent issues, you are to click on our link below.

To review your account for our new Alliance-Leicester standard account security access against fraudsters.

WARNING.
    Watch around your environment.
    And feel in your full account information carefully and correctly.
    Please it's important for your standard account security against fraudulent.
    Thanks for your support.

mybank.alliance-leicester.co.uk/ account_security/index.asp

The format was actually rather convincing at a glance, which you cant really see here, until you read the actual words lol.
    Other problem is, lol, I am not with A&L and never have been! ;)

B

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Looks like spam, an attempt to gain personal information for ID theft, a potential fraud, or a way to load malware when you click the link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

The more important question is surely did anyone else get yore ma in their email today?

Anywho, what does the link take you to? I'm assuming it's a "to view your account, please enter your cc number, pin, account number etc. etc.
    Got one myself but deleted it, ain't with them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

yeah, 'tis (thats why I dint post the entire link).
    Its ridiculous though, these guys are actually using big name banks names now and *still* getting away with it.

B

[edit]
    They even added this nice little orange banner (attached), awww how sweet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

So far I've got those spams from BOI, Ulster Bank, and another UK bank that I can't remember the name of. I just delete them but...argh...they drive me mad. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Looks like spam, an attempt to gain personal information for ID theft, a potential fraud, or a way to load malware when you click the link?

I would say it's spam, too.
    Don't click on the link; will only bring you trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I get at least one a day from Bank of Scotland. They try and trick the spam filter by adding words at the bottom of the email.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've gotten them from loads of UK and online banks, except the one I'm actually with! Also, I got one from Worldpay. They frightened me at first, but then I realised that they were bullshit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Get these for paypal and chase manhattan bank all the time....I do have a paypal account but no bank account in the US.

Never gotten any phishing mail from my actual banks, although I've had mail warning me of them...suppose it all depends which sites you decide to use your mail address on...

Got to laugh at the trouble these guys go to to replicate the formatting and style of the emails and the subsequent phishing site only to be let down by piss poor spelling and syntax mistakes....bloody foreigners.

Advertisement