Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb DSL problem-connection hangs for 5-10 seconds on every page before loading

Options
  • 17-10-2006 6:16pm

The digiweb support team say this is normal...
    That is nonsense,the page should start loading straight away when clicked.
    I could understand it if it was one or two slow sites,but every site...

They sent me a new wireless modem/router and that didnt fix it,its the zyxel 600.

Interestingly I've tried BT using a working username and password and theres no hang at all-web pages load straight away as they should do.

So what could be wrong and has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I had this problem twice.
    Once it was Mysterious proxy settings in Firefox and I forget what the other problem was (Probabily some mysterious other setting when we changed from Proxy to NAT).

Try completely different browsers.

ping the sites. If ping is OK then it is a wierd Browser setting.

Anyways both times it WAS browser settings.

Google for the problem and name of whatever browser you use.

Maybe the Digiweb person thought you have 2 Way Sat. That *DOES* have a built in Normal delay (90,000km round trip for request and result!). Digiweb has 2 way sat customers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

spyware can do this too

Advertisement