Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good value hotel?

Options
  • 17-10-2006 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Me and a partner are going to an exhibition in the RDS on 10/11 November. I need to book hotel accommodation for both nights but everything seems very expensive. This is what I've got so far (good hotels I know):

Jurys: €357
    Burlington: €438
    Herbert Park: €585
    Four Seasons: €760
    Roxford: €500

These prices are for both nights, double room, room only.

Anyone know where I might go for better value?

Will be going out for a few in the city centre both nights too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

throw your dates into www.hotels.com
    I always find it good when travelling and they're bound to have good deals for here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Does the hotel have to be in the RDS area or are you prepared to travel a bit...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In most city centre (2** or 3***) hotels you should be able to get €95 per night twin room.

Have a look at the Harding Hotel in Fishamble St. Stayed there a few times myself, very cheap, fantastic staff and entertainment from Friday through to Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

the prices you were quoted are mad!,was gonna recomend blooms hotel myself. usually have rooms for 100 or less per night . hop on the number 7 from town and you should be at the RDS in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks for the replies.

whiskeyman, hotels.com is quoting Stillorgan Park at €110 per night. Best so far.
    Dub13.. the plan is to go out in temple bar on the two nights. How far is this from the RDS?
    Thanks Mairt but the Harding is full on the dates. Same story with Blooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Try Jury's Croke Park.

Also you'd need a taxi to RDS and then to Town. Stillorgan -> Temple Bar circa 25 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

Croke Park -> RDS probably 25 in a Taxi too!

Thy the Quality Hotel on Cardiff lane - its at the very end of Pearse st - so easy walking distance to the RDS. This is a newish hotel and has quite reasonable room rates

Alternatively the Ripley Court on Talbot st. (Behind Busarus)
    Its in a kind of Ethnic area... but seemed quite safe when i used to stay there...

Or Jurys inn on parnell st, or Jurys and the Clarion in the IFSC are also usually quite reasonable

Grimes wrote:
    Try Jury's Croke Park.

Also you'd need a taxi to RDS and then to Town. Stillorgan -> Temple Bar circa 25 ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

You should check out The Mespil Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

theres a place on amiens street , i think its called the north star hotel. havent a clue what the price is but its fairly central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mad Finn

That's what you get for coming to Dublin the weekend of a rugby match.

Irl v South Africa on the Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Plenty for €99 euro or less per night from a search on www.centralr.com

Didn't know about the rugby. Will need to get a move on.

Thanks WizZard, that must list every hotel in Dublin. Just looking now...

Looks like the city centre premium is quite high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd recommend the Harding Hotel, Fishample St.

http://www.hardinghotel.ie/

Huge rooms, with walk in showers!. It was orignally designed as a hostel with 8 person rooms, hense then huge rooms. Staff are extremly friendly and there's entertainment Fri night, Saturday from 4pm until 12:30am and again Sunday from 4pm to 9:30pm.

Oh, if thats a rugby weekend you'll need to get the finger out!.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

Bewley's Hotel is literally next door to the RDS and they normally have a sign up with a fixed price per room (€99 I think), so that may be worth checking if it's available.

Thanks all, brilliant response. Got in at the Mespil for €125 per night inc. free parking.

Advertisement