Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High pings on a 3mg NTL line?

Options
  • 17-10-2006 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I was just hoping someone would be able to help me out on this, im gettin very high pings on my line, its a 3mg NTL line, i play alot of games but for instance i would normally have a ping of 20 - 30 while playing cs yet my ping bounces from 30 - 300 and most of the time usually sits at around 100. Obviously this shouldnt be the case as its a 3mg connection. I usually turn off all applications which take up alot of speed but i still have a slow connection.

Would it be trouble with my pc? or
    Too much line traffic? or is it the connection itself?

Any help would be much appreciated,
    thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

fracture wrote:
    Hey all,
    I was just hoping someone would be able to help me out on this, im gettin very high pings on my line, its a 3mg NTL line, i play alot of games but for instance i would normally have a ping of 20 - 30 while playing cs yet my ping bounces from 30 - 300 and most of the time usually sits at around 100. Obviously this shouldnt be the case as its a 3mg connection. I usually turn off all applications which take up alot of speed but i still have a slow connection.

Would it be trouble with my pc? or
    Too much line traffic? or is it the connection itself?

Any help would be much appreciated,
    thanks lads.

wrong forum ! go to broad band ! loads of chat about NTL !! its not your PC

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

Advertisement