Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

civic 92 1.8 type r

Options
  • 17-10-2006 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

iv been tryin to find a 92 - 95 shape hb civic in either black grey or silver for about 2 months i have about 1.5 g's to spend then i already have itr motor brakes susp seats every thing to make a seriously quick civic except the civic so if any one can help ill be ur best friend and before people harass me the engine is not for sale would defeat the purpous of buying civic
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Bob.

Your 1.8 Integra Engine... I assume it IS in fact an Integra for a 97ish car?

I don't think you can just drop a 97 engine into a 92-95 Civic without a new loom and i'm almost certain you will need the engine mounts replaced also.

You will NEED to get a vtec Civic or it's going to cost you a lot of money to do.

As for the Integra Engines.. well if you know the right people you can get them fairly handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Iguana Bob

i have a whole integra not crashed or any thing so i have the mounts and loom every thing just need civic now its hard enough to get one i know what you mean easy if you know the rite people i was offered 2 (lets just say questionable ) ones off the tallagh boys €1000 each but would prefer if the car was ligit
    "itr" integra type R sorry bout the short hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Ok so you have a full Integgy. Well then I think any Vtec Civic will do it but as I said about the engine mounts... well you have Integra Engine mounts not Civic to newer Integra model mounts (if you get me).

I could be talking out of my arse here. I'm basing this on what i've seen Integra 97>Civic 97.

It may work it may not.

www.tuningfactory.ie ask for 'Little Andy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

sorry guys i know this ones a little old but if you guys are still around hit www.jdmuniverse.com there are alot of lads doing EG hatch swaps with full walk throughs

if you got it done , how did it go? any pictures?

Advertisement